Music

Joe Marzen

Chieftain
I fudged up somehow and deleted all I had to say about Civ music a minute ago... This is about it again. When it comes down to it I honestly don't quite get strong opinions about the music... I turned off the music hundreds of hours ago... On hour three hundred you have strong opinions about Poundmaker's theme..? What's the angle and reality there? I am thirty-eight years old, and, as it turns out, I am usually wrong about anything...

With different songs for over thirty civilizations and each era I'd hardly call it the "same thing over and over".
Quite the opposite: In my book one of the important selling points for civilization is and has been its fantastic music. Thus the recent bug that cut out more and more sound the longer the game ran was darn close to make me quit the game for good. Thankfully the last patch resolved that problem for me (but not for everyone from what I've read).

There's plenty of variety in music if you met at least five other civs.

It's only repetitive if you are either alone or know very few civs.

Music is one of Civ's strongest selling points.
I was playing a marathon game as Korea and had only met the Mongols so far. I turned off all my lights, put some fake trees around my desk, and turned on the fan. It was awesome. Very immersive.

I do wish the music would stick to your own civ’s theme and ambience music a bit more, regardless of how many civs you’ve met. It is a bit immersion-breaking to not hear your own people’s music for much of the game. Maybe that’s just me...

I didn't pay much attention to the music at all at first. Then they started releasing some pieces of the music from the R&F civs and I started to enjoy the music more, especially the variety that most of the new ones have to offer.

Top Bottom