[TOT] Mutually Exclusive Advancements for Roleplaying

Konig15

Warlord
I have more or less permission from Curt to use Imperialism 3 as a base to make my own scenario to cut my teeth on! Horray! Now the work begins the kinds of scenarios I want to create fairly tightly scripted, and play more like RPGs with a limited but responsive choice instead of a sandbox where the AI itself is supposed to pull that function.

So I need to know about advancements, like resources about EVERYTHING. Their cost by era, which ones can be discovered by goody huts, and if there is a way to make mutually exclusive advancements for the purposes of roleplaying. I'm not talking about advancements via event, I'm talking about using advancements not as technology leaps but as policies. In a World War II scenario, the Germans can come into Russia as Anti-Communist liberators of the people, or as clearly genocidal practitioners of race war and the Hunger Plan, but not really both.

And what this means I I need to husband the advancements as much as I can for actual technology to save for policies, That means I need to be aware not only of less or undocumented secondary effects of techs, like Communism making cathedrals only make three people content and Literacy and Mysticism do something a piece but it's not in the TOT manual at any rate.

Yes Konig, please review the resources in the link Garfield posted, I PMd you, and several others have mentioned over the past several weeks.

Also, go and print out this thread as it forms the baseline for design knowledge many of us have worked off of over the years.

Top Bottom