My ally hates me for aiding

erebos

Chieftain
Started to play a game and was asked from Caesar for assistance (DoW) against Saladine. I took a look at the "glance" screen and decided to help Caesar because this would boost our friendship. That i thought. But after one turn i took another look at the glance and saw that i got a -1 fom Caesar because i had "declared war on his friend" (because he told me to).

That should not be ... :eek: Anyone experienced something similar?

Erebos

Started to play a game and was asked from Caesar for assistance (DoW) against Saladine. I took a look at the "glance" screen and decided to help Caesar because this would boost our friendship. That i thought. But after one turn i took another look at the glance and saw that i got a -1 fom Caesar because i had "declared war on his friend" (because he told me to).

That should not be ... :eek: Anyone experienced something similar?

Erebos

That was...Stupid. Crazy, mad AI.

Your savegame should be analyzed. Have you thought about posting this in the bug reports forum?

Are you sure that there wasn't any other influence? Have you declared war on other civ's before that Caesar could have considered a friend? Haven't you declared other wars after this one?

Caesar was probably pleased with Saladin, in spite of the war.

As a wise therapist once said, "the more you ruv someone, the more you want to kill him. . ."

Caesar must've been a client.

very strange. I remember I had that sort of thing too. I helped someone so I got +1, but they were pleased with eachother (despite the war) so I got -1. Got even!

Another reason why I hate it that they removed Glance with the new patch...

From your post, I understand you took a loot at the glance screen. This is not possible during diplomatic negotiations. So I think you first rejected to help Ceasar (giving you a negative modifier for not helping). Then looked at the glance screen. And then decided to declare war, as this would make Caesar more friendly with you.

If you wanted to improve your relations with Ceasar, you should have just agreed to help him at the time when he asked you to do so.

Top Bottom