My best resource trade ever

Vynd

Prince
In the game I'm playing now, I started out somewhat isolated, on an island that lacked a variety of resources. There are a couple of civs that it turns out I could trade with, but wasn't able to get in contact with until about 1180 AD. (Curse you Tokugawa and your closed borders!) One of them was Kublai Khan.

I had a spare Iron that Kublai wanted. So right after meeting him, I tossed it out there and asked him what he'd give me for it. His offer: Horses, Dye, Gold, Incense, Ivory, 2 gold per turn. That was every resource and gpt he had available. I accepted.

Wow.

I feel lucky if I get another resource plus gpt. And that he gave you a military resource (horses) on top of all that other stuff? He must've really, really wanted Iron.

Wow.

I feel lucky if I get another resource plus gpt. And that he gave you a military resource (horses) on top of all that other stuff? He must've really, really wanted Iron.

Maybe he really wanted to have a go at Toku :p

Maybe he really wanted to have a go at Toku :p

Now that you mention it, he attacked and vassalized Tokugawa not long afterward. Which led to him getting control of some iron, and canceling the trade. Easy come, easy go.

Wow.

Yeah, most I ever got was 7 gold per turn for a resource.

So it was a great trade to Kublai too.
Smart and generous. :D

So the AI sometimes does show some "intelligence";) . I only wish I can get such offers once in a while. The unfair, cheating AI makes me :mad: and want to go back to Noble :cry:

well, strategic resources are always highly paid, but that's great!

In the game I'm playing now, I started out somewhat isolated, on an island that lacked a variety of resources. There are a couple of civs that it turns out I could trade with, but wasn't able to get in contact with until about 1180 AD. (Curse you Tokugawa and your closed borders!) One of them was Kublai Khan.

I had a spare Iron that Kublai wanted. So right after meeting him, I tossed it out there and asked him what he'd give me for it. His offer: Horses, Dye, Gold, Incense, Ivory, 2 gold per turn. That was every resource and gpt he had available. I accepted.

Awesome.:goodjob:

Top Bottom