My C2C ideas and possible fixes discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Sir Monster The Great, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Pretty much. Some are evil but some are even kinda good and just standing against oppression.
    All a development that will be possible to build into when the Ideas Project gets traction and off the ground, along with languages and some other factors.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I don't really see the need to break all that up into individual techs necessarily and drug prohibition was in place the whole time - the war on drugs was actually a cover of an invitation for inner city gangs to deal in them in part to appear more like we were against it when we were the perpetrators of it, and some individuals got caught on the side of being sentenced, which was also largely to create a slave labor force. Rap wasn't really much of a 'thing' until the early 80s, all around the same period - before that you did have some emerging hip-hop and such that led into rap. Besides, until the tech is filled with what it was intended to hold, splitting it up now just makes for empty techs.

Looking at the tech chart we're working on redesigning now, you ARE right that the tech is a column too far to the right. It should be coming off new urbanism.

3. Sir Monster The Great

Sir Monster The Great Warlord

I've done some quotes for information and nanotech. I'm going to do some for transhuman. The quotes are by a fictional character of mine I've had for ages during my youth, going by the name Edward. A German robotics scientist, he recalls what he thinks his previous life during the 21st-28th centuries, into to realize at the end of his memoir that his memories and life were fabricated. Part of a simulation he was part of. Willingly.

4. Pepo

Pepo Prince

I think that culture techs are in itself "weird ". I agree with @Sir Monster The Great that by that definition it is very centric on the United States, but I would say that in general the same can be said about most cultural moves being specefic to an area. Also some crimes make only sense on a specific context. Wouldn't be better to represent culture outside of tech? For game purposes, the Marxist approach of culture as a result of the material conditions could be good: GA could start new artistics movements depending on the tech level and some conditions ( for example Rap having a pre-condition of a certain city size).

5. tmv

tmv Emperor

This (secondary "tech" trees) is pretty much the only thing I can think of (other than 64bit exe) where Civ V is an improvement - never mind the implementation (like: no adaptation of government form at least before Industrial).

6. Sir Monster The Great

Can somebody revert (or give the option to) the tech tree design? Leave everything else. I just want the one where you can pick the eras and it didn't slide all over the place when I alt-tab as I often do.

7. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I made a modmod for those, who like me, prefer a more simplistic/classic tech tree design.
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/alternative-tech-tree-design.651357

8. Sir Monster The Great

Does it work with the current SVN? I don't know if it does.

9. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I don't know either, haven't checked.

Edit: No, no longer compatible, will upload an update for it today.

Edit2: New version uploaded.

10. Sir Monster The Great

I've just installed it. It works fine.

11. Sir Monster The Great

There are several resources given by buildings that don’t affect anything. This is a list of them and possible buildings that they could affect or enable. At least three buildings affected/enabled are needed for a resource to be satisfactory.

Advanced Replicator: +5:hammers:% to factory buildings like the Molecluar Assembler.

Aerogel: +1:hammers:% to 3D Printing Mills.

Algae: +1:gold:% to Super and Hypermarket like other food items.

Alice Matter: Don't know.

Artisan Planets: Enable a building akin to Planetary Art Show or give +25:culture: to Distant, Transstealler, and Intersteller Colonies.

Atomically Precise Alloys: +1:hammers:% to Alpha Assembler.

Beads: +1:culture:% and +1:gold:% to Barber and Hair Salon.

Berlinite: +1:gold:% and +1:hammers:% to Pottery Factory and +1:hammers:% to Chemistry Lab.

Berries: +1:gold:% to Hypermarket like other food items.

Bionic Suits: +1:hammers:% to Delta Assembler and +1:gold:% to Athletic Megacomplex.

Borax: +1:hammers:% to Forges and Foundries.

Caseium: +10:science:% to Atomic Clock.

Calculators: +1:hammers:% and +1:science:% to all Schools. Required for future buildings like the Laboratory.

Candles: +1:hammers:% to all non-Industrial Housing (Hovels for instance).

Last edited: May 11, 2021