[R&F] My civ 6 next (patch/update/dlc/expansion) wishlist:

EmmettChase

Chieftain
It can start in the industrial era where population may immigrate from civs that you have cultural influence on to your civ when you have immigration policy in your government or open borders with the other civs.

You need to have surplus housing for immigrants and each immigrant grants +2 culture and -1 loyalty for a number of turns until they get completely assimilated into your own culture. Immigrants become citizens that can work tiles, so that you can grow your cities faster.

You can also relocate citizens within your empire from a big pop city to a small pop city, but they will take a number of turns to reach it and will need extra 1 amenity for a number of turns until they get accustomed to their new home.

It can start in the industrial era where population may immigrate from civs that you have cultural influence on to your civ when you have immigration policy in your government or open borders with the other civs.

You need to have surplus housing for immigrants and each immigrant grants +2 culture and -1 loyalty for a number of turns until they get completely assimilated into your own culture. Immigrants become citizens that can work tiles, so that you can grow your cities faster.

You can also relocate citizens within your empire from a big pop city to a small pop city, but they will take a number of turns to reach it and will need extra 1 amenity for a number of turns until they get accustomed to their new home.

I think an immigration/ethnicity kind of mechanic like we used to have in the older Civs (Civ3 I think?) would be really interesting and might tie nicely into the loyalty mechanics as well.

New things:
-Enlightment Era
-Corporations
-Vasalage options, ravamped CS
-Civ specific Policy cards
-Era specific global events
-a whole bunch of civs and leaders.

Improved things:
-Government, Religion and Policy cards more tied to golden and dark ages.
-Better looking cities (more houses less patchy)
-Less random World congress
-Better barbarians
-diferent graphic sets for terrain (no pine trees everywhere always)
-Appeal actually reflecting on the terrain..for example a coast with nice appeal should have blue water and sandy beaches...mountains with waterfalls, etc.

I honestly don't care for scenarios, unless they are a launching ground to incorporate new mechanics later on...and we still waiting for plagues and health to make it to the main game.

I've been throwing around ideas for an immigration mechanic for a while and like your ideas. The one thing I have a problem with is the -1 loyalty. It doesn't make sense for them to produce -1 loyalty to a civilization that they decide to go to.

Instead I think that they would start to have a cultural influence on you but tie it more into tourism to where those citizens in a particular city would be more inclined to visit the Civ with a majority immigrant population in that city.

I've also made it well known that I want a plague system to as another "natural disaster" as my main priority.

I like Some of the suggestions

So ideas
- add Babylon (Nebukadnezar)
- add Byzantium (Alexios Komnenos)
- migration and health mechanics (maybe new district related to health) with impact on loyalty (I disagree with the above. More rapid pop growth could make the existing population less loyal)
- earthquake disaster (mostly) along continent splits which damage districts and kill population

Please make diplomacy better.

- no more endless denouncements. I get it, you hate me. I don't need to hear about it every 30 turns.
- can we have automatically renewing friendships and alliances? Or at least a notice about whether I want to continue them - a renewal option like trade routes?
- make the world congress resolutions meaningful - I still only care about the diplomatic points despite the changes. The other resolutions are so inconsequential that I don't even bother really considering them.
- stop the stupid AI interactions during diplomacy (telling me I suck because I don't expand when I have a large empire than the AI, berating me about barbarians when there haven't been any in my territory for a 1000 years, telling me I am going bankrupt when I have 5000 gold and am making 100/turn just because I purchased a couple of units and my gold went from 7000 to 5000). So dumb. It shouldn't be that hard to polish it a little. If they did that, the game would be much better.

You can also relocate citizens within your empire from a big pop city to a small pop city,
You could implement this via mod.
Create a unit that has a population cost, just like the settler or janissary, and then give it 1 charge that must be used on a city center that adds one pop to the city, just like Angkor or the tribal huts can do. If that's too micro intensive, make it a 3 pop cost / 3 charge unit instead. Would actually be a kinda neat Apostle promo too (religious pilgrims add 1 pop when you use a charge on a city.)

Totally tangent but I would love to see some sort of path for the settler to get better - like how scouts could become explorers in civ4 which had better tribal hut outcomes - perhaps you have the basic settler, then in the Ren you get the colonist (settling off continent gives extra pop on founding) and the Pioneer (settling on continent gives extra pop on founding) and eventually tie it into a unit with this ability to both found a city with N pop and have N charges to resettle in other cities. Gimmicky and perhaps better as civic tree perks added to the settler unit, but it seems like a fun thing to play with for various civs.

Replace IZ AOE with cities connected by railroads
Make a separate power plant district, add third tier building Assembly Line to IZ
(Balance late game production cost because of the above)

Replace TS and CS AOE with cities connected by Areodromes. Hangars and Airports increase the amounts shared

Some things I would like added for modding:

Flesh out the trade route Modifiers,]. I want to be able to specify trade routes from a city with x number of Feature/Resource/Improvement/Building to to a city with y number of Feature/Resource/Improvement/Building adds x*y yield.

Add modifier for promotions having maintenance costs.

A lot of people seem to want to see plagues... and I agree!

I recently played CIV IV for the first time and liked the recap feature at the end. Wish CIV VI did the same. Like, sometimes I'm curious as to what the other unmet civs are up to in the span of time before you meet them.

In the winter update thread I suggested it would be cool if your archaeologists could unearth razed cities. I also wish that the AI razed cities period (I've NEVER seen them do this: I think it would make wars more exciting because you wouldn't know, when losing a city to them, if they'd keep it or destroy it). Speaking of archaeologists, maybe paleontologists would be cool? Like finding dinosaur fossils or something (which could not only bossy tourism but maybe give you some kind of science bonus)?

The one thing I have a problem with is the -1 loyalty. It doesn't make sense for them to produce -1 loyalty to a civilization that they decide to go to.
I think it kind of does. Imagine you move to a new country, then your home country declares war on your new country. Would you be more likely to be more sympathetic to your home country than you would to the aggressor if you'd remained at home and the DoW was reversed? I think most people would.

Now, I think the term loyalty in that contest is crude, inaccurate and I wouldn't use that term when talking about real life immigrants, partly because it implies that they are disloyal, which isn't the case. However, this is a computer game with a variable that happens to have been labelled "Loyalty" that is designed to encompass these kinds of dynamics, so it does make sense, it just has a crude title.

Some things that I haven't really fully thought through:

- Being able to punish civs without declaring outright war. This seems like an area that's just totally missing in Civ, but it's the way the world works nowadays. I mean naval blockading of ports, trade sanctions. Spys sort of do this with the loyalty / spawn barbs things but this is a bit naff and it could be taken up a level.
- Some sort of special forces unit that can operate without a formal declaration of war. Allow me to take some specific military action but maintain some deniability. Maybe like a spy, but with more military options instead, and a limit on where it can operate.
- Make aircraft carriers more useful. Should be a vital component of any serious military.
- Fix AI use of nukes, planes and navy.

Something new would be interesting, no doubt, but before we get there, I just wish they fixed what is already in:

1. Get the UI out of Alpha stage and make it decent and user friendly. It is already fourth year after release and two expansions down, maybe it's time?
2. Fix diplomacy and trade valuations, so that troops would not get kicked out of liberated CS and AI territories, civs at war with each other could not join the same emergency and get instapeace without any possibility to have any say about this, value of strategic resources would not increase exponentially depending on the amount of the resources within a single trade, AI would not be willing to sell open borders or join your war for 1 gold, and so on.
3. Fix AI, so it would know to use boats and planes and would not fixate on bombing and nuking one and the same city forever.
4. Fix embarked units' pathfinding, so that they would get there where the UI shows they can reach in 1 turn, and not disembark on some random piece of land and take 3 turns instead of 1.

The game has such a potential to achieve greatness, but those technical shortcomings and oversights continue to mar what would otherwise be an excellent experience.

I'm hoping for a new achievement: The Alluvial Alliteration Alliance.

Some things that I haven't really fully thought through:

- Being able to punish civs without declaring outright war. This seems like an area that's just totally missing in Civ, but it's the way the world works nowadays. I mean naval blockading of ports, trade sanctions. Spys sort of do this with the loyalty / spawn barbs things but this is a bit naff and it could be taken up a level.
- Some sort of special forces unit that can operate without a formal declaration of war. Allow me to take some specific military action but maintain some deniability. Maybe like a spy, but with more military options instead, and a limit on where it can operate.

I would like to see limited wars, I just don't know how it would work. Maybe you pick a city you want to attack, and you can only attack enemy units in that city's area (trading and open borders agreements would have to be canceled, however).

-snip-
- Fix AI use of nukes, planes and navy.

I really think that fixing those would spice the end game up alot! The last patches have increased the AI's use of fighters, which can be very deadly for your gorund units, if left unsupported. The next thing I would love to see is the AI using bombers to wear down city defences. Imagine them having 5 jet bombers and being able to do late game conquest if left unchecked. In wars, where they do not aim to conquer, they should bomb the horsehocky out of your infrastructure, to drive you to sign a peace deal.

Nukes are another thing. If the AI rarely decides to use a nuke, they repeatedly nuke one single city. Infixo once told, that the reason is, that the AI decides that it want's to conquer the nuked city, but if it cant capture it, it will only repeatedly nuke it until it runs out of nukes. Imagine, if they would use nukes disperedly on all of your cities, if you use a nuke on them. That would really cause cold wars in the atomic era.

I would like rebel cities to be able to stay independent if the loyalty pressure from civs isn't big enough, and for them to actually apply pressure to other cities. If 2 rebel cities share border, they would unit and a new civ woul start (picked among the current civs, possibly based on the age : for instance Gilgamesh could only appear in Ancient Era, as unlikely as a loyalty issue is in that period, Pericles and Alexander in the classical one, Harald in Medieval, John Curtin in Atomic... we'd have to be flexible with that since some era have way more leaders than other, and no one fits the bill for Information and Future eras)

I think we also need a better way to defend city states from invasion, even when we are not suzerains, possibly by asking other civs not to attack it and being able to fight back with no or fewer grievances if they do.

I would like rebel cities to be able to stay independent if the loyalty pressure from civs isn't big enough, and for them to actually apply pressure to other cities. If 2 rebel cities share border, they would unit and a new civ woul start (picked among the current civs, possibly based on the age : for instance Gilgamesh could only appear in Ancient Era, as unlikely as a loyalty issue is in that period, Pericles and Alexander in the classical one, Harald in Medieval, John Curtin in Atomic... we'd have to be flexible with that since some era have way more leaders than other, and no one fits the bill for Information and Future eras)

I think we also need a better way to defend city states from invasion, even when we are not suzerains, possibly by asking other civs not to attack it and being able to fight back with no or fewer grievances if they do.
What would happen if someone was to play with all Civs?

What would happen if someone was to play with all Civs?
Good question, I didn't consider that !
Maybe have a small roster of generic named civs with simple bonuses, like Technotopia with +10% Science, Parabella with +5 combat strength...
I forgot to mention, those new civs should already know all civics and techs that the civ(s) who lost the cities already had discovered.

Top Bottom