1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

My conquest of Europe

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Stories & Tales' started by thedirk, Jun 25, 2001.

1. thedirk

thedirk Master of Stealth

In my latest game I played a map of Europe with 5 civs on King level. I was quite fortunate in where starting pieces were placed. I was Germany, the english and celts shared the british isles, the aztecs and mongols shared eastern Europe.
    I built settlers like mad until I had cities across all of western europe and was encircling the aztecs to the north claiming the baltics, scandinavia and most of the ukraine.
    I proceeded to pay the english to kill the celts, while extorting 25-50 gold per turn from the aztecs. when they finally ran out of money I attacked the aztecs and level them in less than 10 turns. My army didn't even stop to catch it's breath as it continued right on into mongol territory.
    Meanwhile I sent a few cavalry units to the isles to sort out the war that had bogged down between the english and celts. A few turns later I was master of the isles and surrounding the last of the mongol cities in west asia.
    Game done in short order. I didn't even have time to build all the wonders I got done so fast. Before 1000 AD, which is rare for me.