1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

My Fastest Defeat Ever

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by LethalLeigh, Feb 19, 2019.

1. LethalLeigh

LethalLeigh Chieftain

So I decided to play the Maori, and wanted to find a good starting spot. I find a nice plains hill next to a river, with lots of floodplains so it will good for food. The problem was, I have disasters set to 4 and it took me 10 turns to find this spot. so when I used all my movement points to get to the hill, but can't move on to it I had to end turn! and lo and behold the river floods... Killing my settler.... after I watch the cut scene of the river flooding. Bang Game Over.

I did not realize floods could kill civilian units. Is this a Bug or intended?
    I guess I will settle a little faster next time.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Kjimmet, Vahnstad, Victoria and 5 others like this.
  2. playshogi

playshogi Chieftain

That should be an achievement!

Kjimmet, Victoria, mitsho and 6 others like this.
  3. Jewman

Jewman Chieftain

Definitely intended. Never lost a settler, but I am cautious to move em around after seeing a few streamers lose settlers in run up to the release of expansion.

jozef57 and Aussie_Lurker like this.
  4. StrideColossus

StrideColossus Chieftain

Fail dismally as the Maori.

Love it!

jozef57 likes this.
  5. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I feel like many similar reports to this act as a nice demonstration of just how impressive and lucky each of the successful early Polynesian tribes were.

6. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

Had a game were at turn two I got the message that an unknown civ was defeated. I assume that was the Maori.

7. Bei1052

Bei1052 Chieftain

I lost a settler to a sandstorm while playing as Mali, which also destroyed virtually every district I had tediously placed to maximize adjacency bonuses.

So, yes. It happens.

8. Aldor

Aldor Chieftain

I lost a settler to a flood when playing as Egypt. I was rather surprised, as I thought they were immune to floods...but that's apparently only for districts and buildings. Lesson learned :)

9. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Great stuff!
    I got wasted by an Incan chariot invasion on T25 but there is nothing better than losing to a disaster.

10. Melliores

Melliores Chieftain

I have seen people on YouTube lose builders and the rare settler. When it hits, it can hit you hard.