My Fastest Defeat Ever

LethalLeigh

Prince
So I decided to play the Maori, and wanted to find a good starting spot. I find a nice plains hill next to a river, with lots of floodplains so it will good for food. The problem was, I have disasters set to 4 and it took me 10 turns to find this spot. so when I used all my movement points to get to the hill, but can't move on to it I had to end turn! and lo and behold the river floods... Killing my settler.... after I watch the cut scene of the river flooding. Bang Game Over.

I did not realize floods could kill civilian units. Is this a Bug or intended?
I guess I will settle a little faster next time.

Last edited:
I feel like many similar reports to this act as a nice demonstration of just how impressive and lucky each of the successful early Polynesian tribes were.

Had a game were at turn two I got the message that an unknown civ was defeated. I assume that was the Maori.

I lost a settler to a sandstorm while playing as Mali, which also destroyed virtually every district I had tediously placed to maximize adjacency bonuses.

So, yes. It happens.

I lost a settler to a flood when playing as Egypt. I was rather surprised, as I thought they were immune to floods...but that's apparently only for districts and buildings. Lesson learned :)

I have seen people on YouTube lose builders and the rare settler. When it hits, it can hit you hard.

Top Bottom