My First big empire in CIv5. My personal impressions

bergrar

Warlord
I played civ from start, many many years ago :) and now i am lost in civ 5.
After 5 bad start and a sure loss at 1000 turns, and like 126 hours of game , i finally have a big empire at civ 5, i play it vanilla with only Dale world real starting point mod, huge map, level priince ,marathon speed ,english civilization, I think and i hope :lol: i could finally win my first game, and pass at king level with a more challenging civ.
I am on windows7 dx 11 ,8gb ram,intel quad duo,nvidia 9500,zoom at 400000 to get all graphic details,the game runs fast and smooth and the turn waiting is about 30-45 sec at end of game, before was more fast.
Playing it vanilla gives me the real feeling of developers mind, and i think that they did a great job with this new version.
The only thing i miss, is a better and more easy function with money, is too much hard to work on single cities to fine tuning them with my needs, when you will have more then 30 cities and the happyness is a little too much intrusive, because more i grow, more i need to buy colosseum or happyness related wonders.
Like always a good economy makes the game easy to handle, but many thinghs are changed in civ5 so discover the good way to build in the right sequence was not easy.
In a pure liberty policy game, like i prefer, handle the citizens becomes a real mess, and the money is a little too fuzzy, some turns are more richer then others and i dont get why it happens.
Removing the religion and add devotion is not a good exchange, i loved the path of religion but i could understand why they removed it :)
Sometime the trade routes results blocked but no clue why it happens.
The tech tree is a little too much dumb, so i have some techs in modern time and some in medieval.
I like the rule of one unit per hex that makes at my view, the game more strategic.
The distibution of resources is a little too much messed, some cities could have even 6 of a kind and some continents like australia are close empty of resources.
I miss some that gives me a easy way to see my resources o dont think to look at them trough happynes report is a good way, and a better way to see my relations in diplomacy like friendly or hostile, so to get the AI status you need to talk them always, and i will like to have some way to close my diplomatic relation toward some AI so they dont mess me with stupid requests :)
The state city are a great addittions and use them well are one of the best way to win.
I will like to read other impressions about the game and get some hints how to handle the game in vanilla mode better.
Waiting for a total mod that will change the game in better way like we had in civ4.
Thx always to all modders that are thinking how to improve our fun.:goodjob:

Top Bottom