My First Leaderhead: Frederick Barbarossa of the Germans/Holy Roman Empire

Midnight-Blue766

The filidh that cam frae Skye
Here's my first leaderhead: Frederick Barbarossa of the Germans/Holy Roman Empire. I'm quite surprised that I couldn't find Frederick Barbarossa leaderhead here; considering that he unified the German nation and (almost) fought in the Crusades. He's a reskin of Kylorin from the Age of Ice scenario, though the animations are from Charlemagne. For Traits, I would recommend Imperialistic/Charismatic.

Preview:

Attachments

• Barbarossa.png
    Barbarossa.png
    291.8 KB · Views: 5,795
  • Barbarossa.7z
    2 MB · Views: 98
The hair's a little odd, but good stuff. I hope you don't mind me including him in my mod?

Europe: From Rome to Revolution? No, I don't mind at all.

NOTE: I just re-uploaded him so that his sideburns are red like the rest of his hair.

Is the body from a unit? That would explain the low level of sharpness on his body.

Otherwise great leaderhead. :) Only area that can be improved imo is his body. (and perhaps make his hair more reddish-brown, rather than pink)

Not bad at all for a first try, and a leader who has been sorely missing from the plethora of choices we have here. Good work!

Thats why I proposed the leader making contest, to get leaders like this into the database. :)

Is the body from a unit? That would explain the low level of sharpness on his body.

He's actually based on Kylorin from the Age of Ice scenario, and that's all I know: I don't know which leaderhead was used as his model. Also, the hair colour in question is Burgundy, not pink.

Not at all!

I actually think he is okay. Still, I'd also change the colour of the hair to something like that (only the colour, not the shape of the beard) - who ever he is:
Spoiler :
The saturation could be lowered even more.

The form of the beard, if altered at all, could be something like that (sory for the size):
Spoiler :

If you really want to start Blender work, IgorS, you might consider this as base:
Spoiler :
It might be historically acurate - that depends on when it has been made, which I don't know...

But I personally think woking on the hair colour would be enough...

There are many images of Barbarossa. I'll have to settle on something that is both historically accurate and fits my skills in LH making. I really hate asking people for favours, but sometimes I have to do it because I started on a LH, announced I'm making it and got stuck.

Of what do you think?
imho the guy needs a longer beard and a crown.

I agree completely, needs a longer beard (probably Charlemagne's beard would be perfect)... and orangish hair rather than fire engine red.
Other than that, pretty awesome.

This leads me to a question I have been meaning to ask.
How do you add a new LH to an existing Firaxis Civ?
Do you have to edit the original XML (which I can do, but would rather not do) to show him as an available leader in the civinfos XML? Or is there some other way to do it so that you don't have to mess with the original XMLs?

It is not that hard, Do you use Modular format while making Civilizations? To add new leaderheads, you make a folder called Custom LeaderHeads and just put all the information needed for a leaderhead in there. (Art files, button and XML files) and make the XML files.

It is not that hard, Do you use Modular format while making Civilizations? To add new leaderheads, you make a folder called Custom LeaderHeads and just put all the information needed for a leaderhead in there. (Art files, button and XML files) and make the XML files.

Ok, let me see if I follow you.
I want to add Barbarossa here to the HRE. This is a civ already provided by Firaxis of course.

So, I just make the LH like I would for my custom civs... and put it in the folder you mention.
Now, how will the HRE know to access his info? Meaning, when I pick that civ in the beginning, it will now show Charlemagne and him? Even though I didn't actually modify the HRE's original civinfos xml?

Yes. :D

One thing though, you must provide a Barbarossa_CivilizationInfos.xml which would normally be included when you make a costum civ as Savoy_CivilizationInfos.xml for example.

In that file, all you need to do is find HRE in Vanilla CivInfos, make it link to Barbarossa_CivilizationsSchema (you need to paste that in the folder to) and scroll down to the list of leaders, and add Barbarossa.

Modules are pretty awesome in how they work. :)

Yes. :D

One thing though, you must provide a Barbarossa_CivilizationInfos.xml which would normally be included when you make a costum civ as Savoy_CivilizationInfos.xml for example.

In that file, all you need to do is find HRE in Vanilla CivInfos, make it link to Barbarossa_CivilizationsSchema (you need to paste that in the folder to) and scroll down to the list of leaders, and add Barbarossa.

Modules are pretty awesome in how they work. :)
I think I get it... Just cut and paste the HRE specfic civinfo to the new Barbarossa_CivilizationInfos.xml... but add his name as an available leader, and link it to Barbarossa xml references as required.
This is what you are saying? Right?

Top Bottom