1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

My first religious victory

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by teakbois, Feb 9, 2019.

1. teakbois

teakbois Prince

Played as China, Emperor difficulty so not that great of an accomplishment, but my first religious victory in either V or VI. And honestly it wasn't as bad as I thought. Was actually really fun for the first 2/3 of the game.

Got lucky with room for seven cities, no aggressive neighbors, and limited barb activity. Good spots for Stonehenge, Pyramids, Petra. Decent ToA. And I got the two free apostle wonder as well. And I got two goody hut builder pops to help this all out.

The economy building is really fun for this, and much different than other victory types. Only one real problem: Once you get the second government you have everything you need. With a non aggressive AI you can neglect science, and the culture from shrines and temples (if you get that belief) is enough to get you to the government fairly quickly. While there are a couple of useful wonders in the early mid game, once those are done it doesn't seem to matter.

Of course if the AI was more aggressive I would have had to keep my military up, but that's rarely the case. I got one half assed war declaration by Robert the D..er Bruce while he reconverted all his cities. But he sent one lonely bombard via the sea which I promptly sank and then he settled for peace when I had 5 apostles at the border to promptly spread Crabs back to him and win the game.

2. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

You sound like you had fun, and that's all that matters :thumbsup:

Ondolindë likes this.
  3. InDubioProReo

InDubioProReo Warlord

I won a Religious Victory on Emperor today, too. With Gandhi! I did it just to get a RV once, I think I'll stick to Domination now, and maybe Culture from time to time. It was certainly fun tho, spamming Apostles and marching em.