My game is stuck on "Continents" map type!

Tulanian

Chieftain
6/23/21: ISSUE SOLVED

------------------------------------------------------------------

After installing some mods, every new "Create Game" / "Choose Map Type" selection is ignored and immediately reverts to "Continents." In an effort to remedy this, I have done all of the following, to no avail:
  1. Verified files and rebooted.
  2. Uninstalled game and reinstalled.
  3. Deleted all files in My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods
  4. Deleted file My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods.sqlite
  5. In Steam, went to "Subscribed Items" and unsubscribed from everything.
  6. Verified files and rebooted.
Still stuck on "Continents."
If it matters, here are the mods I installed (and have since unsubscribed from and deleted):
  • Mappa Mundi
  • Diplomatic Favor with Tourism
  • Shut Down Power Plants
  • Snowlar Panels
  • CIVIGraphs 2
  • Hillier Hills
  • Enhanced Mod Manager
  • Better Trade Screen
I had previously installed these and worked with them for over a year, but have deleted these as well:
  • Environment Skin: Sid Meier's Civilization V
  • Select Natural Wonders++
I have Gathering Storm and Frontier Pass. Windows 10.

Any advice on what to try next? I'm keen to try a game as Kupe and gotta have "archipelago" working!

Last edited:
is there any error in your Lua.log ?

Hmmm I looked through that and saw no error messages; I'll back up the logs, clear them out of the Logs subdirectory, run again and take a look at the log again. Is there anything in particular I should look for to indicate an error?

would be easier to just post the full lua, modding and database logs at this point (zipped)

Well heck, started the game again, and all map selections are working. Go figure! Thanks for your help, you can mark this "SOLVED."

Top Bottom