My game + pic for those still waiting

krunsh

Prince
Hey, I'm gonna play my second game and keep you posted on what is going on. Plus, I'll add some picture so you can watch too.

- Prince
- Random Civ
- Random map
- Standard size
- Standard game pace

Here we Go:

Spoiler :

By madmanmind at 2010-09-22

Babylone, so Boyman and wall and I don't realy know what they do... Plus science bonus (free tech with writing and more great scientist).

My starting location look like a small island.

Spoiler :

I place my civ right where my settlers are standing and send my warrior up north. Ivory and gems should help with the hapiness and cow for food. Kinda sad that there are no fish around though.

Spoiler :

Up north, lots of gems in what seem like a not very good place for a second city... fish on the right. Babylone Music is awesome by the way.

Oh and found a ruin!

Spoiler :

I'll go play a few more turn now.

EDIT: Sorry picture from first game were removed. You can see the start of second game a page 3.

Out of interest, is this DX11?

Yes, all graphic at maximum.

could you enable resource bubbles?

sure

First I take a look at the civilopedia.

Bowman have + 2 melee combat and + 2 ranged combat, thats pretty cool.

The special wall give a bonus to defense but also to the bombard of the city. Knowing how much I use the bombard in my last game, that could be pretty good.

Great stuff here, thanks a ton. I love the game so far, though I only have a demo. X,x 100 turns just blast past. <,< we need moaaar.. please. : D

Bad palce to start... but we shall be strong and eat fish.

Spoiler :

I start the construction of a scout in my city and take the ruins.. wish give me a map leading to another ruin... and something that could be gold. The fish might help me in that hostile place... but man... what a bad start :p.

Seing as this could be a closed island (or a simple one way path anyway), I cancel my scout and switch to worker.
Spoiler :

Good thing I did. No gold either... at least I got a river for my second city.

... now let see those ruins...

Spoiler :

55 gold, like I care...

All I can do now is wait for the worker and get sailing as quickly as possible. And it could be long seeing how low my production is.

Spoiler :
Spoiler :

Quickly after animal husbandry I switch to potery wich lead to sailing. My warrior do what little exploration they can do.... '' no... nothing over there...''

I now have pottery and am researching sailing wich will take a long 10 turn. babylone is at 3 pop and nothing west either.
Spoiler :

Should I skip this part? is it getting boring? should I pass more time between each report?

I wouldn't skip it. Of course if you get bored of doing it, go ahead. but I am having fun

My military advisor suggest that I build a military since these are dangerous time. I tell him that it is not the ennemy that I fear.

Worker are out and I temporarly start the construction of a monument but I'll switch to settler after my city as grown.
Spoiler :

I just noticed that with mining, the hill just north of my town will be worth a lot. So I know where to go after sailing.

And my warriors knows too.
Spoiler :

Are you going to settle another city on that island?

You got fish and more gems, but the land would be almost all tundra

You have to research optics to get embarkation. Triremes don't transport units anymore.

I think your best bet would be to do sailing and then research writing. After that use the free scientist to pop Optics?

Smiling aint gonna feed our family. I'm obviously competing against a bunche of young women.

Spoiler :

Of course, I was mistaken... Sailing wont get my men on the water. That's what you get when you play a new game! oh well, the tech is never lost anyway and seeing the map, should be useful soon enough. Now onto mining those gems!

We'll see who's gonna be smiling now. And first policy!

What is it gonna be... hard choice. Tradition would be useful seeing how I am stuck in a small place. but honor... We could kick some ass. (And see the location of barbarians around).

Top Bottom