My great admiral appears in closed sea

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by dukedike, Aug 11, 2012.

1. dukedike

dukedike Chieftain

He appears in one of my puppet city which is near a tiny closed sea.
    Are there anyway to solve this problem? because He seem to be useless except that some CS want me to pop him.

p.s. I didn't cap the pic for you guys, sorry

2. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

no. no way to change this. stuff happens.

3. dukedike

dukedike Chieftain

ouch!!
    So bad..

4. duckmanbro

duckmanbro Warlord

Thought I had my GA in a nice sheltered harbour in my last game as Korea- it just so happened that it was a rather large inland lake, which at one point, only had one square of land between me and the "real" ocean.

Great stuff isn't it?!

5. draaibaar

draaibaar Warlord

Did you build a city on that one square?

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I have yet to use one. Why don't they give a combat bonus to naval units? Why only repair?

7. Callonia

Callonia Deity

They in fact do give a combat bonus to friendly naval units, same range as great general. Sounds like you havent tried to shoot at hostiles yet and mouse over the stat spread on what you're targeting.

8. Harv72b

Harv72b Prince

As often as this issue comes up I find it difficult to believe that it wasn't noticed after even the tiniest amount of product testing.

9. Yzman

Yzman Deity

I think they should be able to move over land.

10. fat_tonle

fat_tonle Prince

Admirals won't spawn in large lakes will they? Just inland oceans to my knowledge. I don't know why inland coasts surrounded by land are even coasts to begin with. It's a simple fix.

11. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

They will spawn in cities that are considered "Maritime", those are those that can build Naval units/bulidings.

12. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Exactly. How did nobody ever notice this problem while testing? :confused:

13. fat_tonle

fat_tonle Prince

Then it is probably a map issue. Are naval units even possible in an exclusive lake world? I only play standard continents.

14. dukedike

dukedike Chieftain

I might have an ambiguous explanation.
    My great admiral appears in the sea that is in north which blockage by the ices.
    In my case, it's not inland sea. So, I use the word 'closed sea'.
    anyway if he got the submarine ability I can bring him in to the main ocean:cry:

15. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

This can be particularly annoying when buying Great Admirals with faith; if you're not careful with where you buy them, they'll spawn in the wrong place. Even if it's in the ocean, it can be on the wrong side of a continent and take a number of turns to get to where you want it.
    Maybe it was noticed, but not fixed?

16. AiTenshi1

AiTenshi1 Warlord

I just want to add my experiences.

Like others, I have had the GA appear in an Arctic ice-locked lake so I had to delete him in order to save maintenance. Very very silly and easy to check!

Also, note that Privateers (and any melee naval unit, of course) can wind up being messed up after taking a city and razing it, too. I have had a Privateer take a city, raze it, forgot to move it manually, and the computer brilliantly whisked it away to the other ocean on the wrong side of my continent (inaccessible to me for the most part) despite that fact that it was part of a fleet of ships that had taken to city in the other ocean. :( :mad:

17. wpfossil

wpfossil Chieftain

Hopefully a GA fix will be part of the first major patch. The worse scenario is when your capital is in a closed sea. Letting them move on land would solve a lot of issues.

18. de1979

de1979 Chieftain

same thing just happened to me on G&K

19. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

This is similar to a fish tile surrounded by Glacier that is inaccessible by a work boat. This could probably go in the jokes section of civ5fans.

20. Cedbird

Cedbird Warlord

If it has not already been said . This needs to be fixed . U need to be able to pick where u want your GP 's especially your GG and Great Admirals . Very important if your plan on invading next turn or so or if you are in a conflict right now .
    Once I had my Great Admiral in the Mediterranian I think it is right of off North Africa in a enclosed space . City State Ally would not move its Naval Units EVER :mad: . I had Naval conflicts left and right . Made me so mad ....