My Heroic Epic isnt Working

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by motherboard1, Jan 8, 2007.

1. motherboard1

motherboard1 Chieftain

I built the Heroic Epic wonder in one of my cities and I have 2 units in the city that meet or exeed Level 4

But unit production in that city is unaffected, and the Wonder still reads "Requires a unit of Level 4 Experience" in Red type.

what am I missing?

2. Sisiutil

Sisiutil All Leader Challenger

If the wonder is still listed as a potential build, you haven't built it yet.

The city also requires a barracks before HE can be built, so that may be the problem. And by the way, the Level 4 unit doesn't need to be in the city. It doesn't even need to be alive anymore, so long as it got promoted to Level 4 at some point. That's another thing--have you given the "Level 4" units their promotions up to and including Level 4? If they're just sparkling away with excess XPs, they don't qualify either.

3. motherboard1

motherboard1 Chieftain

Thanks, though youve overestimated my noobiness just a little bit ;)

But yes the Heroic Epic is Certainly built, along with the Manhatten project and such. I built the Heroic Epic long before I had a Level 4 unit. and yes my units are ripe with upgrades (+20% vs gunpowder, medic while moveing, etc.)

the Line in Red type that reads "Requires a unit of Level 4 Experience" is found when I scroll over the building name, in the buildings list, inside the city screen (left hand side)

4. ChicagoCubs

ChicagoCubs Prince

Have you promoted the unit yet? You may have earned the experience, but did you promote the unit?

5. motherboard1

motherboard1 Chieftain

Yes, theyve been promoted, as I mentioned above, they have 3 or 4 promotions each

6. Joxer

Joxer Warlord

So when you say the HE isnt working, your not receiveing the bonus to military production or just that it says you have no lvl4 unit?

If you have no lvl 4 unit, just check to see if you are getting your military production bonus.

If the units you say are lvl 4 they must have the XP to be lvl 4, so if your leader has aggressive trait, you already get a bonus lvl which does not count towards lvl 4, so you would have to get a lvl 5 unit.

And if your still not convinced, try this:
    In the city screen, mouse over the number of hammers next to the blue production bar, and it will show you how many base hammers the city produces and what bonuses are in effect. The heroic epic will give you "+100% for military units" if you are building a military unit. The Heroic epic does not decrease the build cost for units, it increases the number of hammers your city produces while building units.

7. ChicagoCubs

ChicagoCubs Prince

Even after you build the building, the pre-requisites for the building will still be shown when you mouse-over the building in the list at the left side of the city screen.

You should get a similar message when you mouse over the Red Cross (X/X hospitals required) or the Globe Theatre (X/X theatres required).

8. motherboard1

motherboard1 Chieftain

Yes, Im aware the prerequisites will still be shown, but If I meet them, they will be in green type, this particular one is in Red type

Im Cyrus, (Random) Ill go check if he has the aggressive trait, but I actually have a Level 5 unit as well.

So you need to have 4 promotions? not just Level 4 (or 5 in my case)? they should have worded it that way.

9. ChicagoCubs

ChicagoCubs Prince

You need to have earned and spent 10 xp on a unit. With the Aggresive trait, while you start off with one promotions, you still have to earn and spend 10 xp.

Well, the game won't let you build the HE until you have a unit that has earned and spent 10 xp points. The fact that you have it built means you met the requirements.

I wonder if it is a bug that the text is still in red.

10. Titus

Titus Armchair Great Person

11. jac0001

jac0001 Chieftain

can you post a save of this game so we can have a look?

12. jac0001

jac0001 Chieftain

No you need a level 4 unit. It has to earn and have experience pionts spent on it in the form of promotions.

They worded it this way because then it wouldn't interfer with the way that traits (like aggressive) add a promotion to certain units when they were biult.

Its not the number of promotions but the level the unit acheives that counts. :)

13. motherboard1

motherboard1 Chieftain

Ok, no need, I am getting the 100% bonus, so it must just be a bug that the requirment is still in Red Print, thats all. Sorry

14. Salah-Al-Din

Salah-Al-Din Vanguard of Islam.

I had the same issue.