1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] my idea for a nature friendly improvement

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by cacmonkey, May 1, 2020.

1. cacmonkey

cacmonkey Chieftain

we all know about the railroad and that it destroys the environment by burning coal every time its built,BUT NO MORE! my new idea for civ 6 GS, THE MONORAIL
    here are the stats
    • 0.20 movement cost
    • cost 1 aluminium and .5 power too work(any cities connected to the rail system give power)
    • doesn't pollute(unlike the railroad)
    • adds 0.25 culture points for every 3+ appeal tile with a monorail on it
    • adds .5 culture for every connected city with a wonder(stacks per wonder ie 5 wonders in both cities means 2.5 culture)
    • unlocked at computing

2. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

It would be kind of neat if the "city connection" mechanic was resurrected in civ6. I think the flags for detecting it exist in the codebase already, could be misremembering.
    This would mostly just be a way to generate some gold or other effects. (We could increase maintenance costs or shift some gold income from CHs to make up for this.)
    Then you could have some mechanic whereby you go from roads to railroads, which produce Co2, to something like monorails or maglev trains that eat power but are pollution free. Each level of course, producing more income/trade value/whatever.

acluewithout likes this.