My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Sorry, I drank it all. The memory is still there. :vomit:

Here: take these Class-A Amnesiacs:

EDIT: THERE ARE NO "CLASS-A AMNESIAC" PICTURES ONLINE! :run:

You know there are some 3d Pony models available- I wonder if it's possible to hook them up to an NIF file and make them into CIV units?

Megaton new development.

Hasbro is planning a spin-off of MLP: FiM.

It's called Equestria Girls and it involves...
...the Mane6 transforming into humans and going to high school...

http://www.roundstable.com/2013/05/01/equestria-girls-gets-cinema-screening/

Leaked official artwork of the new property:

Y U do this Hasbro?

Admittedly, if they had human skin tones and kept their original colorations on clothing and hair, the design would be okay.
But notwithstanding, that's not even considering if the story is any good or not.
Anyways, it needs to be reiterated though that this is a spin-off and it reportedly won't affect the mane show in any way.

That's ooold! The Trailer looks so much better. Even though it's still crap to my eyes. I mean really, that still is MONTHS old. You should check the SG.

That's ooold! The Trailer looks so much better. Even though it's still crap to my eyes. I mean really, that still is MONTHS old. You should check the SG.

Oh...I haven't checked in a while, JoanK...

:lol: Not sure when I stopped visiting the SG, but I guess I should.

Hmm... I don't know if there's anything more than the trailer, I've heard of it through the Spanish brony forum. :lol:

I guess you have not heard of Sunset Shimmer then.

I've heard something of a stolen crown, but betcha Twilight has to become the ball's Queen or whatever in order to fulfil her mission across the mirror.

...the Mane6 transforming into humans and going to high school...
Wait, what?

Admittedly, if they had human skin tones and kept their original colorations on clothing and hair, the design would be okay.
I don't know, Skeeter Valentine had blue skin (not to mention the rest of the cast on Doug). Yet no one battted an eyelid :p.

Wait a tic...

MLP Mane Six Cast turning into humans

Hasbro must be making a MLP crossover with Doug.

The designs are so atrocious... thank God they didn't keep neither wings nor the Cutie Marks tattooed in their faces.

I REALLY, REALLY hope it's not about dating boys.
More than likely, given the social dynamics of High School (at least here in NA), it's pretty much gonna be a subplot. Along with the rest of the dramas of High School we all dealt with: Detentions, The social pecking order (cliques), homework, the big game, and getting worried about getting into the right college.

I would not be supprised if there was a reference or a homage to The Breakfast Club thrown in.

The designs are so atrocious... thank God they didn't keep neither wings nor the Cutie Marks tattooed in their faces.
With Pinky Pie and/or Rainbow Dash, it'd be pretty much unexpected to see some sort of cutie mark tattooed onto themselves.

More than likely, given the social dynamics of High School (at least here in NA), it's pretty much gonna be a subplot. Along with the rest of the dramas of High School we all dealt with: Detentions, The social pecking order (cliques), homework, the big game, and getting worried about getting into the right college.

I would not be supprised if there was a reference or a homage to The Breakfast Club thrown in.

That's kind of terrible considering how FiM pioneered "a show for girls that everyone can enjoy" with independent, well-designed and motivated characters, and now they do this and bring MLP back into the Stone Age with vapid, saccharine, shallow characters and plot, damning the genre once again. Admittedly, in the trailer, it didn't seem that bad, but I'm pretty sure that blue-haired boy (I hope that's not Shining Armor, or else I'm going to have to eat my words) and the fight for Prom Queen is going to be a central focal point in the film.

EDIT: Why'd you remind me of Skeeter from Doug? Ugh.

I doubt it's Shining Armor. They all have their Cutie Marks on their clothes, and that guy's wasn't like SA's. Besides, skin colour.

That's kind of terrible considering how FiM pioneered "a show for girls that everyone can enjoy" with independent, well-designed and motivated characters, and now they do this and bring MLP back into the Stone Age with vapid, saccharine, shallow characters and plot, damning the genre once again. Admittedly, in the trailer, it didn't seem that bad, but I'm pretty sure that blue-haired boy (I hope that's not Shining Armor, or else I'm going to have to eat my words) and the fight for Prom Queen is going to be a central focal point in the film.

I share your concerns. I've seen many good TV shows and video games get adapted to the silver screen and the results are... ..."meh". With Equestria Girl being set in high school automacially conjures up the clichés I've seen with other films that are set in high school (and I'm sure many of us are still young to remember that time in our lives). I'm hoping that the writers have know enough not to have the dramas of High School (dating for example) as the meat and potatoes of the plot (thus turning it into an animated chick flic). Romantic subarcs are alright, so long as its not the main focus of the story *cough*Attack of the Clones*cough*.

I just hope the film keeps to the formula Faust (and by extension Walt Disney and Pixar) to have the film enjoyable for both children and adult audience of eather gender with an interesting plot that would subvert the clichés and tropes high school movies have established or overdosed in.

What´s SG? I get my pony-related news over Equestria Daily and My Little Brony, so I´m already up-to-date.

The designs are so atrocious...

Personally I kinda like them...

as fanart. :/

This whole thing doesn´t sit too well with me, but hey, it could be worse. They could be banning Fighting is Magic, or turning Twilight into an Alicorn.

wait...

Top Bottom