My Monarch game. (Help where to settle cappy)

Ossian

Warlord
I'm playing a new game, starting fresh on monarch and going to do some major gaming on marathon.

Problem... :badcomp:

Ok I heard it's always in your best interest to settle where the settler starts and I've always followed that, even if the blue thingy says otherwise, well I decided to hear it out and I took a look and here is what I found.

Note: The city is where the computer started him, the AI suggested I move it 1 space down and settle and it seems like it's right, but I don't know :crazyeye:
Start.gif
Please hurry, I want to get this game underway :coffee:

2 tiles east. Mind you I would have settled in place. Hate early decisions. That's why I have the same Breakfast every day.

Lol ^

Why 2 tiles East though?

I see why 2 north might be good but I should settle north so a second city can get the better resources? :confused:

What about 2W? :)

This would get you +1F in the capital, 3 food resources, and still decent early production thanks to two hills plus the plains cow. Aim for colossus plus maoi statues, and you have 2F1P4C for each of those coast tiles which is not at all bad. After steam power and colossus obsolete they are 2F2P3C.

And if you think it's not enough land, remember: God may have created the Earth, but the Hollanders created Holland :)

Haha I love that qoute and It is a good option (Even though I hate settling on resources)

I'll have to think about it.

Just play from where you are. Your Dutch and will rule, easily my favourite UB.

I think I'm going 2 west as the one guy said, it will open up 3 cities where before my capitol would of taken all that land, good trade off for a bit more water :) thanks everyone.

Ha let me know how you fare, be sure to grab the colossus, going for oracle -> MC is probably the easiest way to achieve this. If you want to get the great lighthouse you will probably have to do that first, which might be challenging depending on difficulty level, but certainly worth it if you will have as many coastal cities as it seems like you will...

good luck!

2W also gives you a hut pop. Settling on grass-bananas also gives you an extra food in your city tile, doesnt it?

I would settle in place though, in a heartbeat. Turns are worth a lot more on Emperor, but a lot less on Marathon, so you will probably be OK, but still, in place is a great spot.

Re 2W: Not only do you get the extra food in the capital, but don't you now have a +1 health from the Bananas too, which would normally not be available until Calendar/Plantations?

With 2 Clams, Cows, and the +1 food, that extra health may come in handy.

Faring quite well so far, monty declared war on me (what a surprise) Marathon ran home and gave me a golden age from it, :p
sadly I lost a city and the peace event popped up.

After a short peace with me massing archers to combat a few axe men I got a archer event that gives all Archers Combat I Heh, I'm currently holding at 4 cities and doing ok in the war, he's not willing to move his troops for some reason so I'm pretty lucky, going for colossus now, passing on GL and free tech, went for Alphabet quickly for tech trade.

Hoping to grab Bismark to the north as a vassal. :pat: After a take a city I had planned to build and he beat me too it, I might also get the great wall from his Capitol then leave him be or might even finish him, but first monty must die. :coffee:

I got some screens if your interested:
Holland.gif
As you can see Monty has fell and I'm working on Bismark (already captured pyramids and going for great wall next) Though I do feel bad because he really liked me :backstab: :lol:

Amsterdam.gif
Here is my Capitol with Colossus and Statues :)
Now that I did the dirty deed of warmongering some breathing room I can do what I like best and start building things.

Looks like it will be a fun game.

You're not done warmongering until Monty is dead or vassalized - just my opinion. =)

For the record, I would have moved the capital 2W1N to get 2 cows, a rice, and a hill - my second city would have been a whip-fest where your capital is now. I think a 2-cow capital is always, always, always a good decision.

Congrats on the BFC iron, though - couldn't have popped in a much better spot!

Yeah that was a random resource pop-up crazy lucky :crazyeye:

Yeah monty was asking to get killed and I will in a few more turns, I vassaled Bismark also.
It looks like the end game will be me trying to compete with Cathy for a Victory.
Too early to say though.

(Space race disabled)

settling in place allows you to build in every direction keeping your capital in the middle for reduced maintenance. i would stay put

Top Bottom