My name is Mathieu, I am 27 and I am a Shoshonolic

fremat02

Chieftain
Hi,

This has not been easy but I came to admit that I got a problem... I am a Shoshonolic...

I need help!

It is stronger than me, I just can't help it. I need to grab ALL that land, I want it all, I need it all!!! This is mine!! MINE!!! :mad:

It starts to play on my social life... Everybody start to hate me!

Dido please understand this is not my fault, it is my disease... Yes, I DO NEED this third ring spices around your capital, and yes I DO NEED to put two cities around yours to make sure you will not start doing something fullish like trying to settle out from this tiny piece of land I agreed to let you live in.

I got to admit, it is affecting my behavior, it is hard to say it but yes I admit i now sometime get violent... But let's face it Isabella, things are OK between us, but we both know that if I let you keep all this marble you dared starting with, it is only a question of time before you will try to settle more on MY LANDS :mad: ! So lets just make things easier for both of us and move your capital up there in the North where anyway there are no new luxuries I am interested in... What I am cheating?? I AM NOT! CB totally are dark age units! Maybe not in your game but in mine it is! And this is not my fault if your frontier are so close to mine that I can shot you from MY HILLS! Well.. Actually it is my fault, but whatever you should not have call me a liar... Yes I am one but it is not a reason for saying it! Even less to say it to everybody! My guys deserved some rest! Now they will have to move all the way East to this crap new town...

I used to be a friendly and rather cool guy you know... Now what I see in the mirror is just a nasty tricker... Yes, yes, yes... Sob... Yes... I did settled in purpose so close to you Shakka and yes this is a chock point... Yes I know you get angry easily and it was not nice of me to bring back these two CB while you have only this crazy amount of stupid bowman and warriors... But come on you perfectly know that if I don't make you train my units right now they will not stand a chance in middle age... I am so sorry Shakka, but I thank you for all this XP.

This is not my fault if my banker start to hate me! And all these smart head I am protecting with my life just get lazy when there is no money in the treasury.... So yes I do have to pillage your lands guys... And yes I AM stronger than you when you try to come do the same in MY LANDS :mad: !

This is an endless circle... Oh my God I need help!! What will I do when I will be alone on the continent? Hein? What will i do... I am afraid my thirst of land will not let me stop and I will do something stupid... I should have stick to Babylon things used to keep smooth back then...

Please God help them... Oh! And tell Dido to get ready, I feel it coming...

So ... what's the point of this thread? And if there's no point, then did I just waste 30 seconds of my life reading and writing this?

otaman, you should get a sense of humour. Or start playing Shoshone. :D

Perhaps they don't have a sense of humour in a galaxy far, far away :sad:

Perhaps they don't have a sense of humour in a galaxy far, far away :sad:

Well I'm pleased I live in this one...

I have to admit, I love the Shoshone too. Especially when you end up settling right next to someone to take their resources... wow. Okay. Yeah. I think I'm a Shoshonolic too.

So ... what's the point of this thread? And if there's no point, then did I just waste 30 seconds of my life reading and writing this?

So says the closeted Shoshonoholic!

Just accept that there is nothing wrong with loving the civ with the best starting abilities. It's just natural.

I loved them, my first BNW civ. I wanted to play Poland, but I could not resist... I might be a Shoshonoholic too ;)

Not quite a normal civ, since a well leveraged opening will get you tons of lux and happy religion to support your CB then XB pathfinder army merrily jumping from hill to hill and skipping over rivers as they set the world on fire. Something other warlike BNW civs have a hard time to do as they hit the wall due to low happiness or lack of gold.

Haha, I played Shoshone once.
Almost guaranteed religion (faith ruin + prophet ruin), nice land grabbing. After that it's a normal civ tho :/ Got bored, quit...

You can not select faith before certain turn (20?) and it is not always easy to find ruins afterwards. And religion is not even close guaranteed.

I guess in multiplayer shoshone are awesome, but vs AI? Not rly. Good, but nothing more.

Haha, I played Shoshone once.
Almost guaranteed religion (faith ruin + prophet ruin), nice land grabbing. After that it's a normal civ tho :/ Got bored, quit...

This is my problem too, every game with them so far I've powered my way through to an amazing situation by the classical era, then realize the game is pretty much in the bag, all there is now is to sit on your laurels for the next 5 eras until you hit one of the victory conditions.

Their bonuses just come way too soon, it's too much like just starting the game at a much lower difficulty.

That being said their early game is a blast, and I love how many more avenues are open to them in those early turns rather than most civs where you're just refining one of the relatively few viable paths over and over. But once that's over, interest definitely wanes hard.

This is my problem too, every game with them so far I've powered my way through to an amazing situation by the classical era, then realize the game is pretty much in the bag, all there is now is to sit on your laurels for the next 5 eras until you hit one of the victory conditions.

Their bonuses just come way too soon, it's too much like just starting the game at a much lower difficulty.

That being said their early game is a blast, and I love how many more avenues are open to them in those early turns rather than most civs where you're just refining one of the relatively few viable paths over and over. But once that's over, interest definitely wanes hard.

The fact that "their bonuses come way to soon" is the beauty behind them.

You get to have a flexible start due to the pathfinder. Want religion? Pathfinder. Want social policies? Pathfinder. Want Cbows? Pathfinder. You get the picture.

Then they get the fat of the land with their UA. After that you just build on it.

The fact that "their bonuses come way to soon" is the beauty behind them.

You get to have a flexible start due to the pathfinder. Want religion? Pathfinder. Want social policies? Pathfinder. Want Cbows? Pathfinder. You get the picture.

Then they get the fat of the land with their UA. After that you just build on it.

If by beauty you mean atrociously grotesque mutant god of unlimited power then yes they're beautiful as f***

Do you like Shoshone and their Great Expanse? Next time, try to play game with only Shoshone civs, so you can enjoy really Crowded New World. It's really something.

Do you like Shoshone and their Great Expanse? Next time, try to play game with only Shoshone civs, so you can enjoy really Crowded New World. It's really something.

Not cool to have AI Shoshone as a neighbour. Still, apart from the land grab, they are pretty chilled out. Imagine if they had the aggression and expansionism of the Iroquois.

By far, my favorite new civ from BNW. I'm working my through all the new leaders, but when replay times come, Pocotello will be first in line again, and many after. I've played Indonesia, working on Portugal, bored to tears out of a Venice game. the pathfinder ability plays out early, but strong while it lasts. The land grab- best UA in the game. All around great starting civ.

Joking aside, does Shoshone settling anger the AI more than normal settling? Does the extra settled land factor into the diplo modifier?

Joking aside, does Shoshone settling anger the AI more than normal settling? Does the extra settled land factor into the diplo modifier?

Good question. I wouldn't be so surprised one way or another.

The AI seems to lack a few "common sense mechanics".

Top Bottom