My nuclear/pikeman defense

civplay

Warlord
Game: I was playing for a domination victory on a huge island plates map going for a domination victory on as germany on epic speed starting in the modern (I'm an achievement kind of guy). Basically my plan was to ICS close cities, taking advantage of Germanys extra district and the hansa UD, build up my infrastructure, and tech to nuclear subs/thermonukes.

background: So I positioned my nuclear subs with one nuke and one unit capable of taking down the capital per civ. My plan was to in one turn declare war, nuke everyones capital, and take it. The problem was I didn't realize the movement cost of fallout, and how much damage it does, so after the plan there was still 2 civs standing, and no land troops of mine near by. And now I'm at war with the entire world...

Nuclear/pikeman defense: In order to keep hold of the capitals I sacked on a huge map, I had to levy city states. So I had 2 things I could defend with pikeman and nukes until reinforcements arrived. Basically I would I position pikeman in way to herd the AI units, and then nuke them.

On the home turf I was massing units just to try to survive the world's invasion and my people revolt. I was able to eventually get, modern armors with in range of the remaining capitals and take them out one by one, but I had a hiccup in that the combined efforts of the revolt and the AI were actually winning the war and brought down my capital to low health. Luckily one nuke finished up that turn and I had only one way to get out of this with the win. I nuked my own capital, taking out the rebels and AI alike. the next turn the AI was a movement away from taking my capital.

But one turn was all I needed to sac the last capital, claim all those achievements, and coin the nuclear/pikeman defense.

Luckily one nuke finished up that turn and I had only one way to get out of this with the win. I nuked my own capital, taking out the rebels and AI alike. the next turn the AI was a movement away from taking my capital.

Glorious. I wonder if the AI gets mad at you for using nukes if it's against your own citizens. Obviously in this case that ship had sailed a long time ago but if it started with a self nuke...

Top Bottom