My nuclear reactors melted down from war weariness?!

diamon

Chieftain
I got into a three-sided war when I made the mistake of signing a mutual agression pact with a weak player. Others went to war with him, dragging me into it.

The fun part is, within 5 turns (under Democracy at Chieftain I think) I had war weariness big enough to override all my happiness items, trade goods, and 20% luxury rate!

However, I started a revolution, thinking to switch to republic or communism (any suggestions on that?) and the following turn nearly 25% of my nuclear reactors MELTED DOWN!

They display war weariness by storking my nukers I guess?

Anyone seen that? If I build a reactor am I locked to one government for all time? Any way to drop the risk?

Basically, WHAT THE HECK happened?!

Also, this is after end-game, so score is not any concern...

well, during riots there is a chance that buildings are destroyed and that the nuklear plant has a meltdown.

The only way to keep that from happening during revolution is to make most (or all) of your ppl into entertainers.

:nuke: :lol:

I don't know if you're stuck. I thought solar plants replaced nuclear plants when they become available. Am I mistaken?

"do or do not, there is no try."

It was probably more due to the loss of luxury items you were trading for than war weariness that threw you into disorder.

Switching government forms during war is generally a very bad idea.

Finally, I believe solar plants will replace nuclear plants if you build them. I don't think it's an automatch as soon as they become available thing. One form of plant replaces the other.

No, once you built factory, you may have hydro, coal and solar and nuclear plant in the same city.
Add ironworks when possible and your production skyrock!:)
During war with chinese, I got four nuclear meltdown almost at the same time!

Heh, I've had my capitol blow up on me because of war weariness. But that isn't the funny part. The funny part is that the Nuclear Plant SURVIVED, and continued to work.

I believe that Solar & Nuclear are mutually exclusive (Nuc. gives better production bonus, but Solar doesn't melt down, clearly). I think the best production you can get would be Ironworks + Factory + Hoover + Nuc. Plant.

Watch out for those MPP's. Unless there is a CLEAR advantage for you to join one, forget it. It will bring you nothing but trouble.

-Arrian

Top Bottom