1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

My observation of those who lOVE Civ 5 as is...

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by KingYosef, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digitalcraft

digitalcraft Warlord

I don't agree. I think the game will appeal very much to certain people. People who are in to the combat strategy will like this game very much, there's no question that it does the combat much better. Those who are more in to the tinkering and making civ a hobby won't like this game at all though as it offers very little more variety than the first couple times through.

2. charon2112

charon2112 King

I love both, and have been playing since Civ I. There's a couple of things I miss from IV, but I think V is a great game and a worthy successor.

3. Theodorick

Theodorick King

I've been here longer than the OP and like Civ5. So shuttup please. :lol: I also love civ4 and still play mods on it now and then. Maybe I'm a freak.

4. Thrallia

Thrallia Prodigal Staffer GOTM Staff

hm...I guess I'm a deep sleeper agent from Firaxis then, because I've been around longer than the OP and integrated myself into the community...and LOVE Civ V.

5. flamingzaroc121

flamingzaroc121 Emperor

Ready...I like CiV. Now go check my post count+join date, am I still a noob? (im sure there are more examples. Im not asserting the ciV is perfect, but not only noobs like it

6. Shillen

Shillen Deity

1. It's not perfect.

2. Civ 4 was more impressive at release than Civ 5 is.

3. Civ 5 is an amazingly fun and addictive game.

It's the people who are disappointed with civ5 and call it a terrible game because it's not as good as civ 4 was who are flying off the handle. Not the ones saying they enjoy the game. It can be not as good as civ 4 and still be a great game, because civ 4 was just plain awesome.

7. HamTard

HamTard Warlord

I think most people do like it, even if Civ V isn't perfect. Notice how the people who like it don't come out until deep in the night, because they've been playing all day and haven't been posting dozens of rant threads.

8. Elite

Elite Comrade

Civ V's MP is god aweful, but the overall SP game is alot of ufn, I've been playing it since the second it came out.

I just, recommend, if you like MP to play Civ IV.

As a side note, I've been Civving since Civ CTP.

9. digitalcraft

digitalcraft Warlord

I still like Civ 4 better and am up late ;)

I think I just like throwing wrenches in people's theories.

10. Haggbart

Haggbart King

I've loved every title in the series (plus of course Alpha Centauri) since I started playing Civ 1 back in 94. With an exception for Civ Rev, which I've never tried. Really liked the demo of Civ 5, and will gladly pay to get the deluxe-box as it's released in Europe today.

For me it seems some people would rather want an add-on to Civ 4 than a new game. :rolleyes: I've played my share of Civ 4, and looking forward to something new and fresh.

11. ElephantRider

ElephantRider Chieftain

I have yet to see anyone say that Civ V is perfect. If people are defending it, it's because there's a lot of ridiculous complaints. The best are the ones where people complain about something but don't use any examples to back it up.

Yeah I like Civ V. I played Civ IV long enough to love it. Is Civ V perfect? No. I look at it from the viewpoint that Beyond the Sword was so much more than vanilla Civ IV that I see no reason why Civ V after 2 expansions won't be just as bad ass.

12. MickyLuv

MickyLuv Chieftain

Well, I like the demo and I've ordered the full game on the strength of it. I haven't played Civ for ages (last PC died and Dragon Age kinda took over for a while) but I'm looking forward to it dropping on the mat.

I also really enjoyed CivIV.

Or am I just a Firaxis version of Anna Chapman?

13. WildFire

WildFire amour

I've only played MP so far and it's been brilliant!! (2002, I must be a developer!)

I can say this because we've only experienced one crash but I think it mainly has to do with it being over LAN.. Not sure what the huge difference would be between LAN and internet but it's workin for us!

14. Theodorick

Theodorick King

I've yet to see a game that was perfect at release. Nobody would have reasonably called Civ4 perfect at release. I sure wouldn't. Those bulging eyes and random crashes still haunt me to this day, but Civ4 is perfect now. And if it isn't in your opinion, there's a mod for that somewhere.

15. digitalcraft

digitalcraft Warlord

There's a huge difference between a game that has great design but has some programming bugs, and a game that has lame design but works ok.

16. strhopper

strhopper Okie

I'm the worst, I like civ3 didn't like civ4, loved civrev, and love civ5

17. RX2000

RX2000 Prince

Wooo so far I've been registered on these forums for longer than anyone else who's posted on this thread..... Does that mean my opinion is more valid?

:lol:

18. digitalcraft

digitalcraft Warlord

It depends if you agree with me (where me = person reading this) or not! :crazyeye:

19. HamTard

HamTard Warlord

The latest patch just fixed a few AI issues. They won't give you all their cities if you're winning the war now.

20. snoochems

snoochems Prince

Wow... i think you're onto something :lol:

Even in this thread, its those with <10 posts here disagreeing with you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.