My observation of those who lOVE Civ 5 as is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingYosef

Warlord
I question the validity those who come in and say they love Civ 5 and that it is so great out of the box. If you pay attention, most of them only have a few posts and just joined the site recently.

So, those claiming Civ 5 is perfect are most likely a bunch of noobs, or, the developers from Civ 5 are in the forums doing damage control on a so far failed game that will never live up to the Civ series unless some series adjustments are made.

Agree?

Moderator Action: No - warned for trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

They're excited and aren't looking at it subjectively. The same as the 100% hardcore naysayers.

I mean its not a horrible game, there are a few first week bugs, but you guys aren't even giving it a chance...

No game will be without its criticisms. It will be interesting to see what people will say after a couple of weeks and once a patch is released. That way people will have time to "digest" the game a bit. A lot of people are probably speaking from their gut at the moment based on very limited play time.

I question the validity those who come in and say they love Civ 5 and that it is so great out of the box. If you pay attention, most of them only have a few posts and just joined the site recently.

So, those claiming Civ 5 is perfect are most likely a bunch of noobs, or, the developers from Civ 5 are in the forums doing damage control on a so far failed game that will never live up to the Civ series unless some series adjustments are made.

Agree?

I find that most people that like CIV 5 don't like CIV IV, and vice versa. The people that like both titles remain in the extreme minority.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Firaxis hires the so called "marketing agents" to write in the forums defending the product of their employers. Game developers use this marketing strategy all the time to promote hype and reduce negative hype of their latest title.

Agree?

You're funny. Please invalidate my opinion further because of my join date and # of posts. Those are completely legitimate reasons.

I'm really enjoying Civ 5, and like any other game released in the past 5-8 years I'm expecting a patch to fix what is inevitably a glorified public beta for the early adopters. It still plays like Civ, and it feels very different from Civ 4. I don't mind at all.

My opinion. Your opinion. Obviously they're different, but I have a feeling you had far higher expectations for the initial release.

Agree?

completely disagree. I don't post on these forums often, but I have lurked for a long time even before creating this account, whenever that was... If you pay attention having a leet post count means nothing, not everyone is in the vocal minority in need to express their views on the internet in order to be justified in their gaming experience.

the game dumbs down areas it never needed, sorry. Its a better game for it for those who didn't like those extra's in the first place. It honestly isn't the same type of game anymore, diplomacy? why bother.. finally you can play the true strategical combat game it should have always been.

100% better then previous versions, there will always be bugs at launch, they will work themselves out.

but like yours, this is simply my opinion.

I agree with the original poster on this. The people who love Civ 5 are obviously publisher rabble. It is not good, and the speed with which they jump on a negative post is highly suspect.

There are a lot of new members becasue a NEW GAME CAME OUT. A new game tends to bring in new people.

I find that most people that like CIV 5 don't like CIV IV, and vice versa. The people that like both titles remain in the extreme minority.

Wooo Im an extreme minority!

I also love the OP. "Anyone who disagrees is a noob" this kind of statement is what made the internet what it is today! I've been a noob since 2002!

My contribution to this deep discussion: Hitler would love Civ5

I only have a few posts; I signed up to say how disappointed I was with Civ V.

Though, I have been lurking here for quite some time, I just hadn't had the desire to post anything.

Honestly, why does it matter how many posts I have if my points are valid?

also, :):):):)ing lol at the idea I'm some 2K spy sent to infiltrate Civfanatics and hype 5 up.

Civ5 has huge problems that need to be addressed, unfortunatley, alot of people aren't looking at them because they're too busy crossanalyzing it with Civ4.

Moderator Action: please do not use foul language.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

It's brand spanking new - and nobody has played it enough to know it's full strengths and weaknesses.

See when I signed up - see how many posts I've made... it's the eliteism of many on this forum that keep me lurking in the shadows - and god forbid anyone who actually genuinely likes the game...

I played the demo last night - loved it - will play the full game this weekend, and more than likely for many weekends over the next couple of years.

Well done Firaxis :)

I could reverse your broadside and say that anyone who says this game isn't any good after two days of playing it, sleeps with a Civ4 blow-up doll that he or she married in a very private ceremony. But I wouldn't, because it would be premature and hyperbolic. Even more absurd is devaluing opinions based on number of posts... when your own total is a towering 74.

Agree?

Moderator Action: No - warned for trolling.

probably because alot of long time posters are giving the game a chance before commentating on it .

I love the poster who is being negative in every post complaining that people who like the game are new , yet he joined this month himself , hehe.

To all the new folks, welcome! It's bound to be a bit busy here with the launch of the new version.

The new version brings lots of changes that are more than skin deep, and will force some to look at new strategies. Combat has been vastly updated. Some will love these changes, some will not.

I've got a few posts & joined several years ago. Been playing Civ since Civ II.

I like Civ 5. I'm not saying its perfect & I dont think I've seen anyone say that so far, but I like it. There are a lot of things that I would like to see added to it, which hopefully they will do in upcoming expansions.

Performance wise, it's rough in multiplayer. Overall, I like the game, but it feels incomplete without the SDK or the ability to load scenarios and mods in multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom