1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

My own modmod

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Lone Wolf, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

I am releasing this just because I can. It's the way I play RFC. Backup your original RFC, if you want to experience the experience I experience ;).

Changelong:

Plagues are disabled, except the Conquerors one. I do it for the sake of the AI, mostly.

It's harder to escape the Conquerors by Workboat cheese.

AI's at Monarch build units at 85% of human hammers instead of 110%, at 80% at Emperor instead of 100%. Their financial unit cost is lessened by 10%. Their unit upgrade cost, civic upkeep and unit upgrade cost is 5% higher as a compensation.

At Emperor, you no longer receive a diplo malus for being human, the speed of AI workers is now 30% more instead of 50%.

Colony maintenance reduced to 10% of original.

Human player receives +10 stability points as part of the initial stability handicap (20/15/5 instead of 20/5/-5) (I don't bother with Viceroy).

Stability penalty for Representation is halved, Wonders, Courthouses, Security Bureaus, Jails give an extra stability point, the tolerance for tiles not in your historical area is now 52 instead of 32.

Germany's stability softened - it now has an increased tolerance of foreign culture, like the Dutch/Portuguese stability.

Aztecs and Incas are less likely to respawn.

Qin leaderhead made to play worse in order to give the Mongolians a chance without plague. Cyrus and Asoka are also slightly hampered in order to compensate for the lack of plague, that gives them more chance at dealing with the barbs.

Mongolians receive more starting units.

American leaders behave like Mansa in regards to tech trading, to help them catch up. Washington puts more emphasis on culture buildings. Aggression level of American leaders and Frederick is increased (never understood why Firaxis Frederick is such a peacemonger). Pacal tries to build more units, to live 'till Monty, at least.

Tokugawa is slightly less isolationist (80 TechTradeKnownPercent).

Isabella is still a religious fanatic in diplo, but now has an emphasis on science techs, as well as on religious ones, to help her occasionally be the first to the New World.

Crossbows can be now unitai_city_defence.

Increased the starting units of Mongolians and Arabs.

Islamic spread rate lessened, Christianity upped.

Increased the amount of free AI European colonists.

Map changes: dejungled some Lagos, some Indonesian cities, a couple of other areas. Madeiras are now unsettleable 'till Astronomy. Improved the Caribbean.

Germany changed to HRE lemon color and flag. Just makes it feel less "Prussian".

Some Ethnic Diverse Units are included, to plunge the most obvious gaps. They are:

-Unique graphics for Asian, Native American, Mediterranean, Asian, Middle Eastern units up to Gunpowder.
    -Asian Musketman, Cannon, Cuirassier (Heavy Horseman), Grenadier.
    -Russian Musketman and Knight.
    -Middle Eastern Cannon, Grenadier, Musketman, Infantry, Machine Gun.
    -Native American Musketman.
    -Medieval/Renaissance European Cannon (seeing Napoleonic Cannons at Gunpowder is slightly weird).
    -Portugal and Spain now uses the Mediterranean unit art set. It just fits more.

URL: http://www.filefront.com/16170881/Rhye's and Fall of Civilization.rar

2. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

Finally! :D

3. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

The resulting stacks can be sometimes rather large, like that Russian stack I spotted in WB. Note the scroll bar.
    Spoiler :

I'm Japan, BTW.

Attached Files:

4. Brew

Brew Chieftain

I really love all of these changes except the lowered probability of an aztec or incan respawn. I actually wish it would happen more often, specifically with the aztecs because mexico actually becomes a somewhat important player in world history.

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

At least according to Rhye's interpretation, the Aztecs do not equal Mexico.

6. kravixon

kravixon Chieftain

While I don't really want to use all of your changes, I had no idea that it took the AI more hammers to build the same units. How would I go about changing that value? I also remember seeing that they do worse again barbarians than the human player, do you know how to tinker with that?

I'm going to have a look and see if I can figure it out.

7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

I do interpret respawned Aztecs as a Mexico equivalent, but in my experience it tended to occur in 1600's as opposed to historical first third of 1800's, so I lowered it.

Civ4HandicapInfos.xml. AITrainPercent value deals with this. 100 is equal, lesser values make AI units cost less hammers.

AIBarbarianBonus deals with the barbarians. Positive values are a malus to AI.

8. kravixon

kravixon Chieftain

Thanks Lone Wolf. I'll try out all of your changes at some point, but that Russian stack is scaring me off a little bit ;)

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

Well, it was Emperor level, and it was something quite exceptional even for these settings. German collapse there was quite fair - Germany collapsed after Russia took Brest-Litovsk and Klaipeda and France took Budapest.

10. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

11. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Chieftain

What?!

FRANCE took Budapest and RUSSIA took Brest-Litovsk?! I thought France would've taken Brest and Russia would've taken Budapest.

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Brest-Litovsk is closer to Russia than Budapest is. The French on the other hand like to expand to Italy, so they might have invaded Hungary instead of the German mainland.

13. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Chieftain

Oh... now I'm really confused. I've seen Brest-Litovsk in France, not Russia.

14. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Ah, I've already guessed that. You've probably confused Brest (in Brittany) with Brest (Belarus). The suffix "-Litovsk" was intentionally added to avoid exactly that mistake ("litovsk" means "Lithuanian", I think, for its former location).

I also advise to never take a train to Galicia :D

15. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Chieftain

Well you can, actually. A week ago I had a class about Galicia (Spain) and Galicia (used to be in Poland). However, the latter one ceased to exist after WWII, so it is safe to take a train to Galicia. Probably they got sick of being torn between Russia, Germany, Austria and Poland all the time.:p

16. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

It was an informal (and formal in name of Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria, one of AH province) name. Though, it still is used sometimes (yeah, I live in Polish Galicia :p)

17. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton How much Parmesan to put on your umbrella?

The description look really good, downloading. Might give me also hints how to refine the game more to my own liking.

18. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

The file no longer responds. Could you reupload it?

19. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Chieftain

I consider it obsolete with new modmods like DoC. Besides, the large stack movement bug in the original RFC means that the improvements to the AI are largely wasted anyway.

I can do similar things to DoC 1.9, though, if you request.