my passion for the game is gone. help me!

Sebiche

is better than you
dude, i don't know whats happening, but every time i start playing i just end up putting my head done saying "i cant do this" and quitting. i need something to get me to love civ again.

HELP ME IF YOU CAN, I'M FEELING DOWN

Well......

What made you lose your passion for the game? Maybe if you explain a little more somebody can offer a helpful suggestion.

I'd guess it's because you use a MAC though. :p

yeah right

i don't know. i was just playing and all of a sudden i just got the sudden urge to quit. the game seemed, well BORING for a second. then when i quit i was like "what the hell was that?" so i reopen, retry and the same thing. then i tried playing mods and scenarios and nothing. there isn't anything left. this.... this is really weird.

Have you tried Game of the Month or Hall of Fame games? I like playing the same game other people are playing. It is interesting to read how other people did things and I learn a lot that way which makes it more fun for me.

I've lost it too. But for me it's normal. For me, passion for games works in cycles. I'll be totally into one game for a few weeks, then get bored with it and shelve it for months while I become addicted to a different game. And the cycle just continues like that.

Maybe try using a civ you don't normally play, or try for victories you don't normally try for? Since I almost always go for conquest or domination victories since I'm a warmonger, sometimes I try to be diplomatic and win a UN victory or even a peaceful space race.

The same old thing time and time again is bound to get boring.

Ya it happens with all things(well most :smoke:)

You need some mods or some time off. Then I'd rec a change to Civ3 mods but Im worried you being used to the whole 3D thing ontop, being hit with drastic increases in Empire size, AI vs AI wars, andl the speed at which it all comes at you, the shock to your Civving system might be to much.

dude, i don't know whats happening, but every time i start playing i just end up putting my head done saying "i cant do this" and quitting. i need something to get me to love civ again.

HELP ME IF YOU CAN, I'M FEELING DOWN

Actually I totally feel the same way!!! I just lost it... I know that i can mod my game to make it feel different, and I've done so.. but my principal problem is that I dont like playing randoms map or any map for that matter except Huge Earth ones.... but my damn PC is way to old to pull that one off...

I remember that the same thing occured to me with Civ III and I ended up playing only on earth map... anytime I load something else I got bored in the middle of it...

and for Civ IV I think i spent more time here than actually playin the game!

I can attest to the same thing. I mean, I pretty much always play mods anyways, but even those are starting to get a little tiresome. You just need some time off from it.

You know mybe keeping this thread up here will get them to release the next expansion sooner. That would help a lot of these cases Im sure

Maybe you just need to get outside for a bit :) I would say it's a good thing to let it sit for a while. I find that the history channel gets me starting up a game pretty consistently. I recommend that recent one they did on the story of Alexander the Great. It even had civ things like penalties for attacking across rivers and lots of talk about the Phalanx.

Well, its normal. But this IS Civ iV....

Do you play different map scripts? Different speeds? Different map sizes? Try a few mods? Try different players?

All games tend to get boring, but Civ IV has more than most. If you haven't tried highlands or Oasis, though, give them a shot.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Well, Civilization IV is a good game, but it is not the thing to waste life on. :blush:

Actually, yes, passion runs in circles. Stop playing this game for two weeks (or even a month) and them return to it. I have felt the same thing for Civ3 sometimes, and it felt like a new game after me stopping playing it for a while.

I've been playing CIV in various forms for 10 years now, but I've always had phases of intense gameplay followed by months (or even years) of not playing.
Sadly I've never achieved that first fascination with the game - but thats probably as well else I'd have no other life at all!

Take a break, do something else, or find another game for a while. Interest in Civ will return. May take a week, a month, or longer, but eventually you'll be interested again. Me? I tend to go back & forth between MS Flight Simulator and Civ. Two very different activities. By the time I lose interest in one, I'm back into the other.

It's normal to play a game and then stop playing it. Ever try reading books? Help a local volunteer group? Set up a project with friends? Someone mentioned you use a mac. Can you play multiplayer?

You have a choice of what to do with your time. It doesn't all have to revolve around the game. Maybe try origami. Anything. It's up to you.

Top Bottom