1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] My second Deity Win (Nubia/Science)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Jaundis John, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Jaundis John

Jaundis John Chieftain

Aug 24, 2017
    I got Civ 6 last January and started on King for a week or two then moved up to emperor where I played for most of last year. I would sometimes challenge myself with an immortal or deity match... winning a few immortals, and even one deity, although it was just a duel and I grabbed a quick religious victory.

So since the new year I've been playing immortal only and decided to make the jump to deity... and just won my first game. I was playing a tiny map against Greece, China and the Aztecs. I was very fortunate with my starting position in that I had a nice big continental island all to myself, which I think explains my win. I started by clearing barbarians with my roaming archers and then created a formation of 5 archers and a chariot to take Jerusalem, Preslav, and Brussels (I chose not to attack Stockholm or Seoul as I was going for science). I pumped a few settlers and before any major incursion with other civs, I was around 10 cities most or all with a campus. From there it was pretty straightforward, I just developed my cities with decent production stats and good overall balance. I entered a few small battles when the Aztecs or Greece tried to in-settle on my continent or send a group of missionaries through, but nothing major.

Towards the end of the game, I knew I had the victory wrapped up, but just to keep Greece from going too far down the tourism route...

Turn1.png Turn2.png
    Turn3.png Turn 4.png Turn5.png Punchline.png
    Latrec likes this.