My second LP, this time it's deity.

Realyn

Warlord
Hey guys,

have some spare time the next couple of days and want to play another game of Civ5.

The settings will be very similar. Huge, Fractal, 18 Civs, Epic, Deity. For a little bit of backround info check the first thread please: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=455968

There wont be videos this time and I'll use fraps to take screenshots ig. That however will result in 1920x1080 screens. I hope this ok for everybody, since the majority of people should have atleast 1680x1050 nowdays.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    633.3 KB · Views: 241
Hum, the pictures are quite large, so I spoilered them for now. Please tell me if they are too big for you. If so I'll resize them next time.
Spoiler :

So ... we rolled France. Personally I really like them. If you followed my first LP you'll have noticed, that I like large empires with courthouses :lol:. The +2 culture really come handy there.

Moved south and settled in place. Paris will build 2 scouts, while tech is mining>pottery>calendar.

Warrior got promoted, found Japan and another ruin.

Which had 30 culture. Going for the 3 culture to snowball.

And taking the monument. Usually I go Liberty first, but decided for the monuments this time. I'll still get my 2nd and 3th city before the AI's 3th.

Another ruin and got Archery. I admit that I'm getting lucky :D.

Uhm .. yeah, right.

I was the first to discover ~4 CS, giving me a nice bunch of gold.

Taking Liberty now.

Lucky. I nearly missed them.

First city either going near the luxury to the left or near the wonder.

Taking the free settler.

Uhm yeah .. I'm happy.

I know where this is going ... :mischief:

I'll sell my silver and buy a worker to work the gems.

I stopped playing here.
Question is: Stonehenge yes/no ?
I vote no, because:
-Another ~15 turns untill Aristocracy
-6 Culture is not much. If I settle another city I'll get 2+2+1 right away.

Going out now and will play on in ~2-3 hours.

Good look going on Deity.

It looks like you might get into a war again...

:ar15:

Sorry for posting this so late, imgur didnt work for me.

Really. I just want to found 4 goddamn cities in juicy spots. God. Damn.

Spoiler :

Decided to not go for the Stonehenge. Maybe we can get the GL

Writing is next. Then masonry maybe for walls.

No, thx.

Paris is building a settler.

Bought a worker.

I'm selling EVERY luxury I have. Wonders have given me enough happyness right now.

luls, ok.

Sorry, I'm to lazy to open paint right now. One city goes between gold and silver and another one next to the wheat.

Bought a 4th settler.

Marching on to settle the 2 cities and provoke Alexander into declaring on me :mischief:.

Selling borders to pretty much everyone.

Masonry next for walls, then wheel to connect cities for the 1 happyness.

Settled the first city, 3 turns till border pop.

Damn archer.

Working the gems until the granary is done.

Yeeah .. well ...

Sure thing.

Yep.

Building archers pretty much everywhere.

Pissing off the Japanese as well. Wouldn't be fun if I didn't.

No, really?

Since they will declare on me anyway I chose the 10 turn option. The Mongols and the 2 civs I declared friendship with should be my allies for some time.

Keep it coming ...

Dude, we just signed a DoF. You backstabbing son of a ...

Whatever.

Spoiler :

Sold Luxuries from canceled deals again and bought a warrior/archer every turn.

No, don't think so.

Not looking so good. Atleast Gandhi is my friend, like last game. Quite ironic if you look at my warmongering ...

Small overview. Stopped here ... gonna build 2-3 Archers to be safe against the Japanese and then ... well, maybe go for Knossos and then Athen, which is about 5-6 tiles north of it.

crap, had 35 "images". Had to take out the smilies and it still wasn't enough for one post.

loving this series again as usual, but could you please consider making the pictures smaller? It's kind of annoying having only half of the picture take up my whole screen (and then scrolling over to see the other half)....I'm on a laptop...thanks!

Nice start!

Why didn't you put Lyon one tile northwest for observatory?

I would have put Troyes a bit farther northwest for another observatory city as well.

But looks good either way.

For a couple of reasons.

About Troyes first. Alexander had a settler next to mine the moment I found Troyes. So there was no real chance to place it somewhere else anway. Sorry, I missed to screenshot his settler.
Still, I would have settled in this place(or 1 southwest, if possible), even if I had the time. Two tiles north or northwest has too much desert.

Also, I want every city be 3 tiles away right now. The next couple turns will be really tough since I'm really boxed in and America and the Polonaise are to my east .. so yeah, I really don't worry about observatories right now ;D.

Putting Troyes one more northwest or one west, one northwest would have been even more terrible military wise than it's current location. How do you want to defend such a spot? Especially close to the mountain there's no real good spot for your archers.

Here comes the war again...

So, I wanted to play a turnset of ~30 turns, however I took so much screens in those 5 turns that I decided to make an extra post for them. This should really help people who struggle with wars on lower difficulties.
These screens will still be in 1080p, sorry. I'm gonna get Infranview(your right btw, I remember it having a pretty good batch explorer to convert images) before I post the next big turnset.

Spoiler :

Thats where I picked up. Noticed the Cavalary in Knossos and paniced abit. It can kill everything on a mountain except my one spearman.

So I'm relocating my units. Whats important is, that my spearman can only be attacked by 1 unit to the west of him.

I noticed that America and Polynaisa are pretty close and I'm gonna start building my southern army in Orleans.

Good timing moving my units away ...

And not 1 warrior or archer died.

Buying a warrior to possibly zone out enemy meele units.

Crap deal. I need gold right now. But still better than happyness I can't use.

Once again where the Cavalary can go to. My spearman and the river zone him from going south to kill the archer.

Notice how my spearman again can only be attacked by 1 unit.
Another very important thing happened this turn: You have to kill units in one turn. Lets count my dmg 3 archers doing 2 dmg(sometimes 1, sometimes 3) and the city doing 1 most of the time adds up the 7 dmg on the cavalary. Since that obv isn't enough I attack it with my warrior first! This way he wont loose his position and be open to counter attacks. Also he will heal for 3 points while healing in Troyes.

Green is the area I want to zone out. Maybe buying another warrior for the top side.

Killed it.

And moved the healthy warrior into his place. Once again: That warrior can only be attacked by 1 unit and hence not really die.

Hi there!

Still playing defensive.

Using the scout to zone out the warrior. In case he gets heal promoted I dont really want to lose health on one archer.

Allright, cu scout.

Killed the archer.

Since the scout can't run away I'm killing the warrior with him.

I tried to take a screenshot from the north and south front each start and end of a turn. Won't comment every single one.
Spoiler :

Since its gonna take another ~20 turns before I start to grow my cities I improve the hills Paris and Tours are working.

Still hiding my archers.

America marching on ...

I planned to take the +1 happyness first but ... only got 3 workers so far and need the hammers.

Bought some walls ...

Horseback Riding, then BW followed by IW

Killed the warrior close to my archers.

Moved away the spearman.

We surely don't share looks, but we both hate the Greece allready.

Phew, promotion in time.

Some time to heal.

Yeah buddies! Let's conquer the world together.

Holy . I mean seriously. What have I done to those 2 guys?

Bombed the Cavalary to half health and the spearman will get 2 back next turn and is fortified with rough terrain promotion. Should survive.

Yeah, go away please.

The two archer in the city and on the hills have got the open field promotion.

Cleaned up abit ...

My message is too short with only the spoiler. Damnit.

Spoiler :

My turn now. Sadly I dont know if this will work :D.

Bucharest(top left) wants those barbs dead. Sir, yes sir!

Meanwhile ...

You see where his Hoptile or whatever its called stands? Yeah well, I had a warrior there, RIP buddy!

Stop it. Seriously. Stop. It. :(

Killed the Cavalary with 1 health damage.
Each shot of Knossos+archer does about 5 dmg. So I promoted my speaman to medic 1, so units can heal 2 health per turn and take 2 shots without retreating.

I moved the warrior because I wanted to get some XP for him ... Somehow he died.

Archer will heal for 2 health now and can "tank" another round of fire. Archer promotions so far: 2 open field, 3 rough terrain. Each will get city attack as the next one.

Hm, no.

It's getting close here. My archers really need to heal up. This fkn American archer on the hills to the north ...

Still playing the move back and forth game.

Have to move one archer completly away. But the one in the city has open field II by now and deals around 4 dmg per shot.

Mine. Oh and yeah I got a GG. Forgot to screenshot him I guess.

Razed ofc.

Have connected the two northern cities. Tours is next. Then some farms to growth once my luxuries come back. And my archer is still fighting those barbs ...

Two open field II archers by now. I should be pretty safe.

Scouting abit. Athens is in a really bad place ... Don't really know if I should go for it.

Lucky border pop. My medic spearman healing everything up too.

Stooooooooooooooooop it.

Still messing with Alexander. Decided not to go for his Capital, but instead killing his little city to the left.
edit: damn my english. Ofc Invading the Greeks ;).
Spoiler :

Sure.

Hmm, no - not yet.

But looks he decided to stop suiciding units ...

Too far away :(.

The one hero archer up to open field III by now.

Look at the north army.

What is building what.

Slowly moving forward.

zzz. Stupidity of the AI keeps amazing me.

what

Did you have a bad childhood ?

India, Mongols and Russia are my best buddys forever .. until now atleast.

hmm, nope.

Ofc ... I'm so dumb. Killed the barb Bucharest wanted dead before I had a archer close it and Alexander stole the quest.

Weha!

Gonna build 3 new settlers. Picture with locations coming later.

Sneaky Alexander going for a counterattack ... If he stays near Troyes its fine.

I don't want too much growth - so just the cotton+hills right now.

Attacked with the warrior ... why? why not :D.

Message tooooo short .(
Spoiler :

Complete silence around Orleans

I agreed. Even tho I would have loved to raze his city because I don't want to have his units around Troyes backstabbing me. And thats a damn nice amount of gold!

Selling every luxury I got right away.

And bought Singapore as ally. Really good to have them in case the Japanese go crazy.

Barracks for my main military producing city.

yaya ..

Agreed.

Growing this city since it is building a libary.

Shut. It. Up.

Oracle? just now? Looks like everybody was busy playing the game of th... whops, wrong game.

Uhm ... ok? Strange guy this Washington. Seriously: I agreed since he is fighting Japan.

:lol:

City placement

Finally got my marmor hooked up.

And allied Monaco. Why them? To backup Marseille agaisnt Denmark und well ... looks like Alexander wants to some fun with Monaco too. I'm declaring on the Greeks again the moment they stop paying me gold.

Japanese-American war going on.

Those ... I still don't know what they are called in the middle of my empire will have a good time.

Hum, no. Don't want you to settle behind me.

edit: Noticed I "forgot" a ward here and there. Sorry for that. Working with two monitor while posting and yeah ... sometimes I'm allready looking at the next picture while still writing something and miss some words :D.

You know, message too short, and stuff.

Spoiler :

Sold it for 50

Everybody likes me? Something is wrong.

Sold my horses.

And bought Quebec.

Shut it.

No, still not.

Moved one citizien to the horses to grow faster. Third one will work the gold mountain again.

Shouldn't have sold my borders to EVERYBODY ... But was young and needed the money.

Finally. Because just 2 turns before a CS he allied declared on me.

Good job City States :goodjob:

Another 20 turns of free gold.

Damn. Imgur died on me again. Dunno if it's because of the 60 or so pictures ... Well anyway, 20 or so more coming tomorrow then. I'll attach some saves if someone wants have a look.

Attachments

• Napoleon_0051 BC-2725.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 239
  • Napoleon_0062 BC-2450.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 195
  • Napoleon_0083 BC-1925.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 243
  • Napoleon_0094 BC-1650.Civ5Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 198
  • Napoleon_0105 BC-1375.Civ5Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 209
  • Napoleon_0117 BC-1075.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 182
  • Napoleon_0132 BC-0700.Civ5Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 200
  • Napoleon_0139 BC-0525.Civ5Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 232
Nice job holding off all those people and taking a city from Alex.

You should denounce japan and maybe polynesia to get positive modiiers with ghandi,catherine and other leaders

Its something I see a lot of people forget or ignore on deity

Top Bottom