1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] My Settlers don't give Suggestions HELP??

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by Zaerath, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Zaerath

Zaerath Chieftain

Hello!
    After a big break and also some time spent in Civ6 I have decided to come back to good old Civ5 and suddenly got a weird problem right at the start of the game.
    I may be just forgetting after all these years but I am pretty sure that the game is supposed to give me advice on where to put my city when I click on the settler, just like in civ6, right??
    At first, I had EUI installed and I thought that may be the reason but nothing changed after I deleted it and even after I reinstalled the game as well. I tried about 6 new quick starts and in none of them did my settler give me any suggestions, even after I spent a few turns revealing more of the map.
    Is there anything I can do? Please help? :cry:

2. Tiberiu

Tiberiu Warlord

Check your settings. Go to Options and make sure that you have "No tile recommendation" UNchecked. I play with it checked because I don't need those recommendations. The game gives bad advice to you, it's better to play without these.
    Good luck!

Attached Files:

3. beetle

beetle Deity

I kind of like the mediocre recommendations for Settlers. It tells me the spots that the AIs would pick! It is pretty rare for me to pick those spots, but I often have targeted a tile next to the recommendation. When the computer recommends the spot I was already planning to settle, that is a prompt for me to double check my thinking!