1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

My theory of everything

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Terxpahseyton, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton King, Warrior, Prophet, Magician, Lover

My theory of everything

Preface
    Alone in the night, there are two fundamental forces of existence. Protons. And Electrons. They are alone, but also combined. Combined in an eternal dance around each other. Compelled by the sheer force of their very existence. Raw. Pure. Force.

Introduction

Now, if I may quote myself:

To expand on this:

There are two crucial and basic neurotransmitters in the human brain, which are associated with very powerful feelings and which cancel each other out. Are opposed to each other. If one goes up, the other goes down. Dopamine and Serotonin. (there are cases were both can be up, temporarily, like love or getting drunk).

Dopamine is Thanatos.

Serotonin is Eros

Mind Blown. Well it actually fits very well, if you know about this stuff. If your serotonin is up, it makes you very peaceful and in harmony and a feeling of oneness. Dopamine in high doses makes you very focused, very cold, very calculating.

See what I mean? It freaking fits. Unknown to Freud at the time. I say this guy is a genius. Even if he was also full of it in some respect or the other, or saw things just .. wrong.

AND: Philosophers actually DO theorize that electrons carry ravishingly small pockets of experience or feeling. I say: Protons and electrons. Thanatos and eros. Life force.

The rational: what we call our consciousnesses, this subjective THING, this experience, this whatever - it needs to come from somewhere. It can not come out of nothingness - that would be magic, not science. Not our universe. Just as with energy or matter and everything else. There needs to be a source. So it already needs to preexist within the matter IN SOME KIND OF form.

Logical, isn't it.

Consequences

That also means that a tree is most definitely feeling something. Just without a consciousness because no central nervous system. But science has shown that trees very much behave like people in many ways. And they know when humans are around.

And I go further: I think those basic life forces influence the formation of life in its many forms in ways we haven't fathomed yet.

Illustration: biology can say what photosynthesis is. But it can not really explain, WHY this works as it does. In general: biology is a brilliant engineer compared to us puny pitiful human clowns. I theorize: because those basic life forces - proton and electron - thanatos and eros - help evolution to find structural expression, using those forces.

Further: What is human, then? Human as such is Thanatos being used by Eros to express itself. That is the basic duality of pleasure and pain, of having to decide between the two, constantly. That is what humans do - in contrast to primitive life forms which more or less just do. So the human in you is basically a dead shell, but a very brilliantly designed and useful shell which Eros within you uses to express itself.

But it is also used by the shell.

And combined they are in an eternal dance.

A golden and a red ribbon, reaching up like dancing copulating snakes.

2. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

No, dopamine in high doses makes you hallucinate.

Lexicus, cardgame, shadowplay and 2 others like this.
  3. Terxpahseyton

Well I actually literally did have what the Buddhist call enlightenment, but which they have to mediate maybe 30 years to reach. But what happens in the end, is that they experience ego-death. A state of pure being very everything inside you, what you are, can flow freely, and you are there to watch and enjoy. That is a real scientific phenomena and they are other ways to that state of mind, as well, but which are not to be discussed because rules etc, but I actually had the fortune of this experience and I admit I also well.. had a vision. So if that is what you are referring to @aimeeandbeatles , I am guilty (though ego-death works over the serotonin receptors). How it came to this experience is a fantastic story of its own but after asking I was told I could not discuss it on here, so sorry, no further info.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  4. Narz

Narz keeping it real

How can we use your philosophy to make decisions & investments?

5. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

Where can I join this cult?

Birdjaguar and Lexicus like this.
  6. Terxpahseyton

Good question. It still a relatively fresh expierence to view the world through that lens, and it is not easy to pin the benefits down I believe to retreave from it so far, but I'll try.
    1st, with regards to myself, I find this view helps me to keep in mind and in focus what truly, actually, matters to me in all things. It reminds myself in some ways of Nietzsche. I have only a roudimentary understanding of him, and I don't think he had all the answers, but I think he was on track in two ways:
    A) Morality. That is a very human and clunky and loaded concept, important for a collective, but in the end also, potentially, a kind of disguise for the individual, something to refer your own agency and responsibility to. With my philosophy, I just accept that life is that raw eternal dance of those raw prime forces. No God. No rules. No whatever. It is all up to you. You are responsible for how you relate to the world and what role you fill in it. Entirely. You decide, each day, ultimately each moment, how much you lean towards thanatos and how much you lean towards eros. How much you try to be in harmony and in tune with things and how much you try to master, focus or control things. It is that old aphorism that the art of life is to have the wisdom to accept what you should accept and the strength to fight what you should fight. Eros and Thanatos. My philosophy helps me to bring actual real raw life to that aphorism, and follow its spirit rather than what my human preconceived notions turn those words into. I am less judgmental and more aware, more in the moment (though those are also the general effects an ego death will tend to have).
    B) Nietzsches ideal of an "Uber-Human" seems to be someone who is free of all construed restrains and is in a state of absolute harmony with himself and the world surrounding him. The thing is: Such harmony is not a fixed state. Rather, it is a particular way to ... dance. With my philosophy, I fully accept that what is human to me - my "knowledge", my thought patterns, my focus, my priorities and values - all those things are not me, as such. Rather, they are, ultimately, tools, which are part of me. And that gives me a certain inner distance and clarity which in general is well established to be very good for your mental health. At the same time, I see what is kinda eternal and raw and animal-like in me. And I accept that this is also just part of what I am. So that way I am very open about myself, there is nothing that needs to be shunned or I need to be afraid of. It all just is. And the key is the dance, the dance between eros and thanatos, and that as a human, I have the utmost power to choreograph that dance, and the utmost responsibility. So this philosophy IMO helps me to take responsibility for my actions and state of mind in a very profound way which basically empowers me in all areas of life. And this empowerment gives me inner peace and strength of will.
    I now know that I can actively decide weather to boost Dopamine or Serotonin in my brain. Depending on my focus and on my state of mind. I can actually decide that now, and feel it, too. And I know that I need both and that I should watch out that both dimensions are given their due course within the dance. That is ultimately what life is about, to me now. And everything else are just tools, or patterns, or ways to dance. In deed, I described what human as a dead shell. A different wording would be that what is human is a very complex recursive self-referential pattern, in which Eros runs through its veins. Like the electrons running through the labyrinth that is your brain, or your blood running through your actual veins.
    You got all the key words you need.

I'll add one more thing: This song and music video has helped me a lot to find what I found. Was like a guide. It will probably seem meaningless and just surreal to you, but as I have learned, this video and song does nothing but describe the experience I referred to. From letter A to letter Z. Something I had no idea about before, but, when the time came, I just knew. And I mean that.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  7. aimeeandbeatles

That's....not...how it works....

Gorbles likes this.
  8. Terxpahseyton

Well sorry but you are wrong. Just watch and feel yourself and try. Everyone can do it. We all do do it, all the time. Just not with much awareness of it, usually.

9. aimeeandbeatles

I have Parkinson's Disease! My substantia nigra is toast. It can't make enough dopamine. I have to take medication!!!

Bugfatty300, Lexicus and Synsensa like this.
  10. Terxpahseyton

Well sorry that I did not take care to tailor my philosophy to your particular needs. I am afraid that is your job and yours alone.

11. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

Yeah, Aimee. Only healthy people are allowed in the cult. People who immediately disprove the theory simply by existing are NOT welcome. :nono:

12. aimeeandbeatles

You know what too much dopamine is associated with? Psychosis-like symptoms. Hallucinations, commonly. Sometimes compulsive gambling and sexual activity. Not exactly "cold" or "very calcuating."

13. Terxpahseyton

She hasn't disproven anything, Synsensa. You should be logical and rational enough to see that without even thinking. But I won't fight windmills.
    What I said is true. What you say, is as well. There can always be too much of a thing. In deed - that is my point, isn't it. That the balance, the dance, is key. Sorry that your dance is messed up.

14. FredLC

FredLC A Lawyer as You Can See! Retired Moderator

This is an... unique thread.

I am skeptical of the claims that you mastered involuntary biological processes, but... I'll take you at face value about that, because that is not the part of the thread I consider more conversation worth.

What I consider interesting is that you framed your experience as a theory of everything, evoking some sort of ontological necessity of duality. However, most of the work in physics, the field where the very term "theory of everything" came from, frames complete theories as reductions to simplicity, where a single matrix can be extrapolated as the singular process from where complexity emerges; like in superstring theory, where the notion of a single physical process -vibrating strings - forms all phenomenical variants of reality.

So, your idea seems to be at odds, because it relies on duality, not unity. And by the way, not all reproductive processes are binary; some creatures are monogendered, and there are creatures that are poligendered.

So, by framing duality as ontological, don't you think you are indulging in anthropocentrism?

I'm really curious to know!
    Regards :).

Birdjaguar likes this.
  15. yung.carl.jung

yung.carl.jung Hey Bird! I'm Morose & Lugubrious

Broad generalization. Serotonin does a million things in your body. 90% of it is located in our GI tract. It is responsible for vomiting and diarrhea. It serves as a vacoconstrictor in the blood. It may have a role in wound healing. It may help cell growth. None of these particularly resonate with your theory. Serotonin also occurs in other animals, plants, funghi.. With different functions than for us, sometimes. I do agree fundamentally that understanding the role of serotonin will be one of the keys to understand the human condition, but your assessment seems like a reach to me.

You seem to assert that anything non-material is the same as nothing, which is not true and also a logical leap in your string of argumentation. I agree consciousness doesn't come from nothingness, however it does not logically follow that consciousness cannot come from, or be, non-material. Even if I agree with your last conclusion, that consciousness may be somewhere in all matter already, I don't think you support that conclusion well enough.

I mostly agree with this.

You constantly assert clean dichotomies where I don't see them. Pleasure and Pain are not necessarily diametrically opposed forces. Even if they theoretically were, real life experience doesn't confirm it. Many emotions are beautiful/pleasurable because of their relation to pain/suffering, like melancholy. I also don't think that human experience boils down to "pleasure and pain, of having to decide between the two, constantly."

with all your knowledge of philosophy I think you should know not to trust nor overrate your own experience. what you describe as "ego death" may be a wildly different experience with different consequences between a buddhist monk and your average psychedelics user. ego death also is not necessarily "A state of pure being very everything inside you, what you are, can flow freely, and you are there to watch and enjoy". For some it is terror, for others, nothingness. There is no universal ego death experience, there is no universal experience period.

I would argue that most of your ideas are not new at all, in fact they've been around pretty much forever in different forms, and applying philosophical concepts to scientific insight is as old as science itself. Seeing the universe as two opposed forces in constant struggle/chaos is probably one of the oldest ideas, ever.

what are you, then, if not those things?

I don't see a need why you need to be so rude. Also, it sort of feels like you're blaming her for her Parkinsons.

What you're saying sounds very concerning and I would say rather than ego-death, this sounds like dissociation to me. I'm not opposed to psychs, quite the opposite, but I am very, very wary of any insight that gives an easy explanation of.. anything, that has it all figured out, that instantly makes sense and resonates. Those are often no the best, but the most dangerous ideas. Every idea, every ideology, every system of thought of course also is influenced by, and fills, psychological needs. If I wanted to armchair Freud I'd say there is something you actively want to dissociate yourself from.

Not sure to what degree you are familiar with Timothy Leary, but he was one of the people coining "ego death" for westerners, and he has some.. problematic ideas quite similiar to yours. Probably worth a read.

Gorbles likes this.
  16. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The trees are actually quite lovely.

Duality is tried and true, but it can overreach on specifics, occasionally.

Terxpahseyton likes this.
  17. yung.carl.jung

if anyone is curious, I (and Fred, I think) propose that Terx theory is an updated and modified version of dualism. This is a cursory read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dualistic_cosmology

Fred the dragonslayer. Damn. I agree wholeheardetly.

Citation needed. Fred just gave an explanation of how dualism is not supported by modern physhics.

18. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The trees are actually quite lovely.

Ok. I cite Fred. Was mostly agreeing with him. And Aimee, on a specific.

Doesn't mean your frame is useless.

19. FredLC

FredLC A Lawyer as You Can See! Retired Moderator

Pretty much, yeah. Though with whiffs of anthropocentrism as well.

Regards :).

20. yung.carl.jung

String theory is not about specifics, it is pretty close to a theory of everything itself. If the underlying mechanics of our entire universe are not dualistic, how the hell is duality "tried and true"?..

I agree, and I also believe that both dualistic philosophies and Terx opening post are useful. Otherwise i would not have repliec. Actually, I would rather say they are worthwhile, I don't care about use all that much, especially in respect to philosophy. The most useful philosophy is also likely not the most rigorous or true one.