My theory of everything

Well I actually literally did have what the Buddhist call enlightenment, but which they have to mediate maybe 30 years to reach. But what happens in the end, is that they experience ego-death. A state of pure being very everything inside you, what you are, can flow freely, and you are there to watch and enjoy. That is a real scientific phenomena and they are other ways to that state of mind, as well, but which are not to be discussed because rules etc, but I actually had the fortune of this experience and I admit I also well.. had a vision. So if that is what you are referring to @aimeeandbeatles , I am guilty (though ego-death works over the serotonin receptors). How it came to this experience is a fantastic story of its own but after asking I was told I could not discuss it on here, so sorry, no further info.

Where can I join this cult?

Everyone can do it. We all do do it, all the time.

I have Parkinson's Disease! My substantia nigra is toast. It can't make enough dopamine. I have to take medication!!!

You know what too much dopamine is associated with? Psychosis-like symptoms. Hallucinations, commonly. Sometimes compulsive gambling and sexual activity. Not exactly "cold" or "very calcuating."

This is an... unique thread.

I am skeptical of the claims that you mastered involuntary biological processes, but... I'll take you at face value about that, because that is not the part of the thread I consider more conversation worth.

What I consider interesting is that you framed your experience as a theory of everything, evoking some sort of ontological necessity of duality. However, most of the work in physics, the field where the very term "theory of everything" came from, frames complete theories as reductions to simplicity, where a single matrix can be extrapolated as the singular process from where complexity emerges; like in superstring theory, where the notion of a single physical process -vibrating strings - forms all phenomenical variants of reality.

So, your idea seems to be at odds, because it relies on duality, not unity. And by the way, not all reproductive processes are binary; some creatures are monogendered, and there are creatures that are poligendered.

So, by framing duality as ontological, don't you think you are indulging in anthropocentrism?

I'm really curious to know!
Regards :).

Last edited:
If your serotonin is up, it makes you very peaceful and in harmony and a feeling of oneness. Dopamine in high doses makes you very focused, very cold, very calculating.

Broad generalization. Serotonin does a million things in your body. 90% of it is located in our GI tract. It is responsible for vomiting and diarrhea. It serves as a vacoconstrictor in the blood. It may have a role in wound healing. It may help cell growth. None of these particularly resonate with your theory. Serotonin also occurs in other animals, plants, funghi.. With different functions than for us, sometimes. I do agree fundamentally that understanding the role of serotonin will be one of the keys to understand the human condition, but your assessment seems like a reach to me.

The rational: what we call our consciousnesses, this subjective THING, this experience, this whatever - it needs to come from somewhere. It can not come out of nothingness - that would be magic, not science. Not our universe. Just as with energy or matter and everything else. There needs to be a source. So it already needs to preexist within the matter IN SOME KIND OF form.

You seem to assert that anything non-material is the same as nothing, which is not true and also a logical leap in your string of argumentation. I agree consciousness doesn't come from nothingness, however it does not logically follow that consciousness cannot come from, or be, non-material. Even if I agree with your last conclusion, that consciousness may be somewhere in all matter already, I don't think you support that conclusion well enough.

That also means that a tree is most definitely feeling something. Just without a consciousness because no central nervous system. But science has shown that trees very much behave like people in many ways. And they know when humans are around.

And I go further: I think those basic life forces influence the formation of life in its many forms in ways we haven't fathomed yet.

Illustration: biology can say what photosynthesis is. But it can not really explain, WHY this works as it does.

I mostly agree with this.

Further: What is human, then? Human as such is Thanatos being used by Eros to express itself. That is the basic duality of pleasure and pain, of having to decide between the two, constantly. That is what humans do - in contrast to primitive life forms which more or less just do. So the human in you is basically a dead shell, but a very brilliantly designed and useful shell which Eros within you uses to express itself.

You constantly assert clean dichotomies where I don't see them. Pleasure and Pain are not necessarily diametrically opposed forces. Even if they theoretically were, real life experience doesn't confirm it. Many emotions are beautiful/pleasurable because of their relation to pain/suffering, like melancholy. I also don't think that human experience boils down to "pleasure and pain, of having to decide between the two, constantly."

Well I actually literally did have what the Buddhist call enlightenment, but which they have to mediate maybe 30 years to reach. But what happens in the end, is that they experience ego-death. A state of pure being very everything inside you, what you are, can flow freely, and you are there to watch and enjoy. That is a real scientific phenomena and they are other ways to that state of mind, as well, but which are not to be discussed because rules etc, but I actually had the fortune of this experience and I admit I also well.. had a vision. So if that is what you are referring to @aimeeandbeatles , I am guilty (though ego-death works over the serotonin receptors). How it came to this experience is a fantastic story of its own but after asking I was told I could not discuss it on here, so sorry, no further info.

with all your knowledge of philosophy I think you should know not to trust nor overrate your own experience. what you describe as "ego death" may be a wildly different experience with different consequences between a buddhist monk and your average psychedelics user. ego death also is not necessarily "A state of pure being very everything inside you, what you are, can flow freely, and you are there to watch and enjoy". For some it is terror, for others, nothingness. There is no universal ego death experience, there is no universal experience period.

Good question. It still a relatively fresh expierence to view the world through that lens

I would argue that most of your ideas are not new at all, in fact they've been around pretty much forever in different forms, and applying philosophical concepts to scientific insight is as old as science itself. Seeing the universe as two opposed forces in constant struggle/chaos is probably one of the oldest ideas, ever.

I fully accept that what is human to me - my "knowledge", my thought patterns, my focus, my priorities and values - all those things are not me, as such.

what are you, then, if not those things?

SSorry that your dance is messed up.

I don't see a need why you need to be so rude. Also, it sort of feels like you're blaming her for her Parkinsons.

I now know that I can actively decide weather to boost Dopamine or Serotonin in my brain. Depending on my focus and on my state of mind. I can actually decide that now, and feel it, too. And I know that I need both and that I should watch out that both dimensions are given their due course within the dance. That is ultimately what life is about, to me now. And everything else are just tools, or patterns, or ways to dance. In deed, I described what human as a dead shell. A different wording would be that what is human is a very complex recursive self-referential pattern, in which Eros runs through its veins. Like the electrons running through the labyrinth that is your brain, or your blood running through your actual veins.

What you're saying sounds very concerning and I would say rather than ego-death, this sounds like dissociation to me. I'm not opposed to psychs, quite the opposite, but I am very, very wary of any insight that gives an easy explanation of.. anything, that has it all figured out, that instantly makes sense and resonates. Those are often no the best, but the most dangerous ideas. Every idea, every ideology, every system of thought of course also is influenced by, and fills, psychological needs. If I wanted to armchair Freud I'd say there is something you actively want to dissociate yourself from.

Not sure to what degree you are familiar with Timothy Leary, but he was one of the people coining "ego death" for westerners, and he has some.. problematic ideas quite similiar to yours. Probably worth a read.

Last edited:
Duality is tried and true, but it can overreach on specifics, occasionally.

if anyone is curious, I (and Fred, I think) propose that Terx theory is an updated and modified version of dualism. This is a cursory read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dualistic_cosmology

What I consider interesting is that you framed your experience as a theory of everything, evoking some sort of ontological necessity of duality. However, most of the work in physics, the field where the very term "theory of everything" came from, frames complete theories as reductions to simplicity, where a single matrix can be extrapolated as the singular process from where complexity emerges; like in superstring theory, where the notion of a single physical physical process -vibrating strings - forms all phenomenical variants of reality.

So, your idea seems to be at odds, because it relies on duality, not unity. And by the way, not all reproductive processes are binary; some creatures are monogendered, and there are creatures that are poligendered.

So, by framing duality as ontological, don't you think you are indulging in anthropocentrism?

Fred the dragonslayer. Damn. I agree wholeheardetly.

Duality is tried and true, but it can overreach on specifics, occasionally.

Citation needed. Fred just gave an explanation of how dualism is not supported by modern physhics.

Ok. I cite Fred. Was mostly agreeing with him. And Aimee, on a specific.

Doesn't mean your frame is useless.

String theory is not about specifics, it is pretty close to a theory of everything itself. If the underlying mechanics of our entire universe are not dualistic, how the hell is duality "tried and true"?..

Doesn't mean your frame is useless.

I agree, and I also believe that both dualistic philosophies and Terx opening post are useful. Otherwise i would not have repliec. Actually, I would rather say they are worthwhile, I don't care about use all that much, especially in respect to philosophy. The most useful philosophy is also likely not the most rigorous or true one.

Top Bottom