1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

My Thoughts After a Sleepless Night!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Bleser, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Brawndo

Brawndo Warlord

Couldn't agree more. Unless I went to war I never felt like I was doing anything. 24+ turns for a watermill in my CAPITAL is absurd... and probably has something to do with the fact that a hill with mined Iron gives a whopping 3 production. It's barely worth the 8-10 turns a worker needs to improve it

2. sanderz

sanderz Chieftain

just mouseover the gold icon in the top left - gives a full breakdown of all gold produced

3. Johnny Be

Johnny Be Warlord

I would say... "Be patient". Has I told before in this post I had the same feeling the first play I had, but having played the themo for 4 times now, I think I'm starting to get a firmer grip on the game. And I'm loving it! :goodjob:

I let the cities grow more before starting to build buildings. I'm more careful planning city locations so that they have more production available. And I go after barbarians and city states aggressively to get money to buy buildings and terrain. :spank:

On the 100 turn the demo offers I now have a game (Prince) were I have 4 cities, 2 or 3 wonders in my capital, 1 city stat allied (saved their ass from another player), 3 workers, military units with promotions, and almost all techs from ancient era and several from classical era. :king:

In a few weeks we'll all be used to the new mechanics and gameplay!

4. CoZe

CoZe Warlord

yes, but I got a little complaint here. the leaders speech isnt very realistic, it seems their era was not considered when their dialogues were written. For example, I am Turkish, and hearing Suleyman speak in modern Istanbul speech sounds very odd. I am not sure, but it also sounds the case for Greek or Roman leaders. Ok maybe I'm pulling it little far with this after all this is not a documentary :lol: but a little bit more realism would only help

5. bob_d

bob_d Chieftain

This is a bad omen. On your first time playing, you should be making enough mistakes that the computer should beat you. The AI must suck.

6. VirginiaRounder

VirginiaRounder Warlord

I agree with pretty much everything on the list, and would add that the stacked alert system on the right side is a HUGE ++ in my mind; it's one of the best new features in the game IMHO.

7. dcorban

dcorban Chieftain

I don't understand. Are you saying that in Civ IV, you build Barracks in all your cities? You would build Barracks even if you were alone on your continent?

8. Bleser

Bleser Prince

Totally agree! Forgot that one at the time of the OP.