My Trip to Greece and Turkey

GoldEagle

Deity of All Drummers
So, from 9/18-9/30 of this year, I took a trip to Greece and Turkey. This is how it went:

Day 1: Fly into Athens. Walk around, visit the Plaka
Day 2: The Agora, Mars Hill, and the Acropolis. Went back up to Mars Hill at night, the most beautiful view ever.
Day 3: Busride to ancient Corinth.
Day 4: Cruise ship, went to Mykonos from about 4 until night time.
Day 5: Continued Cruise, went to Rhodes, took a busride to Lindos.
Day 6: Continued cruise, went to Patmos in the morning. Then the cruise went to Kusadasi, disembarked, busride to Ephesus
Day 7: 7 Churches of Revelation - Busride
Day 8: 7 Churches
Day 9: 7 Churches
Day 10: Ancient Troy, Canakkale
Day 11: Ferry/Busride to Istanbul, went to the Spice & Grand Bazaars
Day 12: Went to the Palace/Museum in Istanbul, went back to the Spice Bazaar
Day 13: Left :(

I would just like to say that I was amazed at how friendly the people were in Turkey.

Greece was amazing, I loved the Agora and the landscape. All on the busride to Corinth, I would just look at the landscape and imagine myself being one of the first settlers there, building up my city, and placing the different buildings. Corinth was beautiful; the Plaka was a blast, especially at night...and Mars Hill was amazing. We could see almost the entire city! The Parthenon was awesome too.

The cruise ship was ok, small, but they had one room with 8 PS2's set up. That was fun. Then Mykonos was the most enjoyable place ever. I would love to live there. I just sat there taking pics of the sunset with the windmills for about 20 minutes.

Rhodes and Lindos were amazing, so much medieval stuff...and the Wall of Rhodes, and the spot of the Colossus, was awesome. Patmos was bleh, the whole place was completely "religified". Ephesus was amazing, especially the giant 25K-seat theatre from the 2nd century AD. The 7 churches were fun...and Troy was so awesome. Finally, Istanbul was a fun place. I don't know if I'd want to go back to Istanbul, but it was such an experience.

If anyone ever gets a chance to go to these places, please take it; you won't regret it.

Here are some pics, for your enjoyment :)

Wow. I envy you.

Never been to Turkey, but twice to Greece: Zakynthos and Crete. And that was just for the sun, beer and girls (+ a trip to Knossos of course!).

Top Bottom