1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mycenian Cities

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Arne, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Arne

Arne Chieftain

This city graphic is not complete finished, but I think, it will work very well. You may use it for early greek cities, even if the kingdom of Mycenai was by far not the only bronze age greek kingdom. Other possible uses are forexample a "Troian War" scenario or any greek mythological mod.

Since this gfx is still unfinished (sort of) it is also still open for suggestions, mainly for those based on historical arguments. Hope this makes sense.

download :crazyeye:

2. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Wrong forum.

As for suggestions: you might want to think about removing the rather strange perimeter of the walled city. Also, imo, the unwalled size #1 could use some more detail in the now simply diagonal western part.
    Apart from that they are very nicely done.

3. Padma

Padma the Inbond Administrator

Moderator Action: Thread moved. Previews belong in the main C&C forum.

4. Arne

Arne Chieftain

Aaaargh, nooo. It's not the wrong forum. I simply forgot to put the downloadlink in. :blush: It's edited now, could you please move the thread back?

@varwnos: Rather strange perimeter? :crazyeye: These are wooden pickets, used for defending the city against chariot attacks. With that pickets it looks a little more diffferent from unwalled (but walled looking) larger cities, I think. I don't believe, that I will remove them. Exept... others means the same like you.

5. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

That is all fine but i am sure that you realise that it is far from obvious what they are. You could provide a readme with an explanation, and possibly an alternate version without them (i can edit them for myself, so this isnt something meant for me).

(btw i am not sure, but are you being antagonistic? i *did* say that they looked good :p ) :) Infact i pointed out those parts which werent entirely wonderful imo, since the rest is just that :)

6. Padma

Padma the Inbond Administrator

Moderator Action: Okay, thread moved back. ;)

7. Aion

Aion Chieftain

I like these :). Their look is somewhat unusual, but I think your cities look very good.

So now we have minoan cities and mycenean cities. We have a Sea People unit pack - we even have a minotaur unit! Your favourite era seems to be covered quite well ;)

8. skam0073

skam0073 Chieftain

9. SPQR87

SPQR87 Americanus Maximus

Nice Job Arne.

10. NavyDawg

NavyDawg Audentes Fortuna Iuvat

Great cities.
    I especially like the walls on the larger cities and how buildings "spill out" beyond the walls.