N-Gage version of Civilization II

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
It's looking good:

http://ngage.ign.com/articles/637/637897p1.html

The main game system itself is firmly rooted in Civilization II, but the designers also took cues from the third title, streamlining interfaces and adding features left and right. The N-Gage version of Civilization doesn't cut corners when it comes to bringing the variety and feature-riches of the original to the handheld. Civ on N-Gage features 21 unique civilizations, all ground, air and naval units (51 in all), all 88 technology advances from Civilization II, and all 28 different Wonders of the World, ranging from the Hanging Gardens of Babylon to the Statue of Liberty. If you're a stickler for authenticity, you'll be happy to hear that Gryphondale Studios is planning to include every sound effect from the original as well.

Anyone here own an N-Gage? :)

to be fair I can't imagine it would be much fun playing with such limited controls ( no mouse) and such a tiny screen where jusdging by that pic you can only see on town at a time :|. Some games are suited to handheld devices, but I believe civ is to complex to work properly on an ngage, then again I may be proved wrong :p

Here I thought I was cool when I bought a Motorola RAZR. Had I known this I definitely would have re-considered. No, actually, on second thought, I wouldn't accomplish anything if I had a portable version of CIV II. The game is way too addictive. . . .

Can you imagine driving on the freeway and realizing the driver behind you is playing civ on one of these gizmos?

Wow, all of the N-Gage users iwill buy this. Tens of people will buy it.

Heh, I just bought a used one(I'm going to gamer hell now, aren't I?) a week ago SOLELY for this game.

I'm still itching for a DS version though. That... that'd be paradise.

Good for you, Das Moot. :)

BTW, Korean mobile game maker comp2us is working on a mobile version of Civilization III. I heard it's going to come out soon also.

Das Moot said:
Heh, I just bought a used one(I'm going to gamer hell now, aren't I?) a week ago SOLELY for this game.

I'm still itching for a DS version though. That... that'd be paradise.

Good idea... i might buy a used one, just for this game too. A portable Civ 2...... I can't imagine anything better then that... except maybe a portable civ2 on the PSP or DS :p

The DS touch screen would be much better for PC-ish games I think. I don't have a DS, but I could see someone playing Diablo or Civ on it.

Yeah, the DS touchscreen has amazing potential for strtategy games. But no... EA hates good things. Command & Conquer on PSP.... humbug.

Well, this should hold me untill we get a DS civ.

As for the mobile civ3, I'm getting it too.

Why didnt they use some of the newer custom graphics for the game. Im sure nobody would mind.

Well, the N-Gage is a worthless phone. I hope Nokia N-series phones can play this one, because they are okay phones and I may just get one to play my fav civ.

Grohan said:
If I would have known this few months ago I would have bought N-Gage instead of my current cellphone :cry:

Dont cry for NGage, Argentina... :)

You can make an NGage your *NEXT* purchase :)

15 years later looking at this from a collectors point this would be an interesting and unique version of Civ2 to have and play. Titled Civilization as if its the first game, but actually more of a port of the second game with some influences from the third game lol.

N-Gage is looong gone however as with other old Nokia Symbian games there are sites out there trying to preserve all the great old games that are impossible to buy or play these days and thankfully many N-Gage games have been rescued including this one (no I'm not going to post any rom links here lol).

The main problem is getting them working haha.. there's some good Symbian game emulators around these days but I have no idea if they run N-Gage games.

Must be something out there though as this youtube video was made only a year ago...

Top Bottom