(NAB) Civopedia and actual cost discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

andvruss

Deity
While I was playing the Middle Ages, I was going to use the Palace as a placehorder for a harbour. I switched a city to palace and it said to be done in 115 turns. I right clicked the palace, but it said the palace was only 100 shields.

As you can see, my city is getting 7 shields per turn with 3 lost to corruption.

The shield cost of the palace is based on # of cities you have, so it varies. I know it maxes out at 1000 shields, and maybe the minimum is 100 shields (when you only have 2 cities) ?

Originally posted by Bamspeedy
The shield cost of the palace is based on # of cities you have, so it varies. I know it maxes out at 1000 shields, and maybe the minimum is 100 shields (when you only have 2 cities) ?

Well, if it matters, I currently have 23 cities.....

Maybe they should have left the cost blank since it varies. But then people would say that is a bug, or it would look like they forgot it. I think they just put 100 shields, since that is probably the minimum (civlopedia doesn't get changed/updated as the game progresses, so any shield amount for the palace will be inaccurate).

They should have included text to the effect that the cost changes with the number of cities instead of letting people wonder why it isn't working the way it says in the civilopedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom