(NAB) other CIVs won't build Settle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAWKMAN812

Chieftain
I have a MOD I have created. After adding conquest, the other civs won't build settles. I ran a game through 70 rounds and not one of the other civs have build a new city or build a settler. I have checked the editor, civ are selected to build settlers and some have settlers selected as a unit to build in the civ screen. They still will not build any settlers. A couple of the civs have explansionist bonus checked also, but they won't build a settle ether. Can anyone help??:aargh:

Please write your bug the way it's shown in the Bug Reports Guideline thread, and include your gamesave and/or screenshot. Also read the changes to the game in the Comprehensive Survey thread in the main C3C forum.

If you want anyone to say anyting intelligent about this "bug", the lease you should do is attach your mod to your post (and a save game to go along with it). When you mod the game, who knows what you did.

tried to upload the MOD, but its too large. Everything worked before conquest, cannot find anything that has changed. So it might be a coding change in the way the AL handles settle.

tried to upload again, just to bq file. too large. I even tried ziping it and still did not work. This MOD is very large, supporting files are 574MB and the biq file is 165KB.

Just send the biq file.

I keep trying to upload a file, but the site keeps telling me the file is too large. I have tried uploading .sav, .zip, .biq files. Also tried reduceing the size of the files by deleting resoursing and clearing the map, but the system still will not upload.

I going to try to figure out why the other civs wont build a settles. Been running the game in debug mode, does this change the way AI builds units? Also, checked the AI cities, the settles are on the list to build, but the AI wont build them?

I was having a similiar problem, then I noticed it was on a tile I had set for no settlement, and the AI civ wouldn't move from the start point. China kept getting killed in the first 10 turns or so, finally I noticed it in the editor, hope that helps.

Lionel

My MODs starts with settlers, some civs start with three others with as may as six, but they wont build any from the cities they build! I have checked all the tiles, but pains, grasslands, hills and forest can all have cities built on them. The AL just wont build settlers and constructed more cities.

On the Civilization tab in the editor, there are two columns for the AI governer, Build Often and Build Never. Does checking Build Often Settlers help you any?

Lionel

I reset the player info. and set settlers to build often, it didnt worked, but I cant get the AI to build with any settings for the player info.
They still only use the settlers at the start of the game and wont build anymore after the start of the game. Still running test to see info.

What level are you playing? Are you playing any of the 'multi-player' victory conditions (like elimination, regecide, capture the princess, etc.).

On chieftain-warlord if you play with those victory conditions, the AI just doesn't have the income to pay for all the defenders he wants to build to protect his kings. He likes to protect his capital/king with LOTS of units and on the lowest levels he just does not have the free unit support to pay for those defenders (especially if they get a non-river start), so his defenders get disbanded and he continues to try and keep building X number of defenders only to be disbanded.

Also (since you said this was a mod), make sure that for all civs (in the civilizations tab in the editor), you have 'manage production' checked. If that is not checked, the AI will not produce anything at all. I think this option is right above 'Build wonders', which if not checked means the AI can't build any Great Wonders.

Otherwise, check out the settler in the editor and make sure nothing was changed with him (like who is allowed to build a settler).

been awhile since I have work on getting this mod working again!!!

I changed the settlers, to allow all civs to build them from round one, but still only one builds them, the Babylons build them like cazy, but no other civs do. cked the following for error in my mod:

- settlers, can be build by all civs
- settlers, need no resources to build.
- settlers, are not cked on the never build section of the civ rules screen
- turned off the king and related victory flags(per last post)
- settlers are cked as settlers units and cked to build and join cities.

I do have the upgrade flag cked and the capture flag cked, but I don't see how this would change the ALs choices, but I have tried uncking them, but the civ still wont build any settlers. I also have the settlers cked as a wheeled unit, to keep them off the mountians, but none of the civs have starting locations in the mountains, so I dont think that is it.
:cry:

Upload the save. The civs can be checked in hotseat.

There is a box for AI strategy -> Settle
This must be checked s.t. the Ai uses the Settlers to settle

I have the AI Strategies cked for Settle. Here is the settlers complete Status:
Prerequiste: none
Shield cost: 45
Pop cost: 2
Upgrade to: Pioneer ( available with future tech advancements)
Class: land
Moves: 1
Standard Orders: all cked
Req Support: cked
Unit Statistics: all others uncked and or zero
Required Resources: none X3
Stealth Attack Targets: none
Unit abilities: just wheeled
Available to: all civs
Civ Entry:pRTO_Settler
AL Strategies: Settle cked, ( Explore is available, but not cked)
Special Actions: load and Upgrade cked only
Worker/Engineer Actions: Build city and join City only cked
Air Missions: none cked
Enslave Results In: none ( but had it on at one time, all units are light grey, but the settler is still highlighted, might be a problem??)

I run the Mod in a debug mode and I can go in and switch the AI cities to build settlers, but they will not build them on there own. So the cities can build them, but the AI is for some reason not wanting too.
Question: could it be something with the setting in the World Sizes folder? I have custom map, 256 x 256, changed the huge to this size and have the following settings:
World Size: Huge ( all other size defult)
Width: 256
Height: 256
number of civs: 26
distance between Civs: 20
optimal Number of cities: 15
Tech Rate: 350

Tried to upload a save game already, site would let me do it! Not sure why, upload to other site all the time!
thanks for any help!!!

Are you sure the AI founds cities on tiles that have enough food? Are the AI cities that don't build settlers above sive 2?

yes, tiles have enough food. I also run the test up to 100 rounds to get them more than enough time to buiild them.

but this just got more messed up.
changed the pioneer ( the upgrade for the settle) to allow two civ to start with it at the beginning of the game. Guess what they build cities and expand as normal.
The only difference between Pioneer and settlers is the tech needed and civ allowed to build and the enslaved is still light gray, but has worker highlighted, not sure if this even matter b/c enslaved is not cked, but covering all options. (poineer and settlers in my mod are designed to keep some civ from expanding at the beginning of the game but allowing them to expand a few rounds into the game) so when I took the tech alway and allow only two civ to build the pioneer they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom