1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Nagas (Lamia)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Nomad or What, May 12, 2014.

1. Nomad or What

Nomad or What Wayfarer Supporter

Nagas, green and blue with 8 custom animations. Source files from Kohan II Maar Nasai unit by Deliverator and Kohan II authors:

EDIT: There were issues with city attack effects; these have been fixed and updated in the download.

DOWNLOAD HERE

:)

2. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Urkkkk! I don't know where those will fit in except maybe in your mod, but great job!

3. bouncymischa

bouncymischa Synthetic Genie

I dunno, between the scorpions and these, I'm reeeeeally tempted to make a fantasy desert kingdom civ now. :p I wonder if I could make spellcasting animations work with these...

4. Nomad or What

Yep, they will be lizardmen equivalent of a berserker unit - with amphibious promotion to boot! :D

5. Nutty

Nutty Chieftain

6. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

I think I'm looking at my new Great Water Spirit model :D

7. bouncymischa

I remember that method! I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, though. The thought was on my mind because this weekend I combined the wizard model from the Faerun mod (which I think is just a reskinned scout model, although it might have other unique features in its defines) with the Fire-Thrower art defines from the old Prehistoric mod... and found that my unit was now flinging fireballs from the free hands of the Scout model. I'd have to examine the art defines in more detail to see how it was done, but it would be interesting if it could be extended to more models...

8. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

@bouncymischa: Can you post a zip of the files that you used to get the Scout to throw fireballs? That'll do about half of my Warhammer wizards right there as I can recolor the fireballs as necessary.

9. bouncymischa

Sure, I'll put a file together when I get home tonight and upload it for you.

10. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

11. Nutty

Nutty Chieftain

I'm pretty sure it's just using the regular city attack animation.

12. bouncymischa

I believe so... but it still looks cool! :p That would suggest that if the lamias have a similar city attack animation, the same thing would work with them...

13. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Chieftain

OOoo! Nagas! I will add these as another barb faction, with their own encampments in desert areas. Great job as always!

14. Nomad or What

I didn't put in city attack animations for these since the mod was developed solely to present them in-game. I leave the game mechanics for all of my units up to the modder. Quite frankly, at this stage I am relatively unfamiliar with adding specialized mechanics to units - I am just worrying about getting them initially into the game! :)

15. Nomad or What

Thanks for the insight on this, I am sure I can find units that can use it! :D

16. bouncymischa

Hopefully these files work for you, Civitar. Looking at them more closely, it is just the city attack animations, like Nutty said. Looked like fireballs to me at first, though, so I leave it up to you regarding how noticable it is. :p

17. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Thanks bouncymischa, I remember what those looked like. Recolor the flames and you've got one very magical mage!

@Nomad, can I make a request? There's a great Eagle Rider in the civ4 units, can you try to convert it with animations? They'd work nicely for dragonriders or griffonriders. Also the eagle in the same pack has already been converted by ispanets.

18. bouncymischa

You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Also tried out the Nagas last night... they look great! It's fun watching them slither about... although without city bombardment animations, are they going to be usable outside of specific mods? I know most units define city bombardments in the art defines, but I'm not sure if they need code in the model itself or not...

19. Nomad or What

Good question. I am not well versed in the game mechanics; my hope is that by doing the work converting units with custom animations that someone who knows more about the mechanics of the game will figure that part out. I may know how to do it someday but I am not quite there yet :sad:. Right now I am focusing on getting more fantasy art content into Civ V. I would love to know the answer to that question if you find out, though!

20. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

So how about the Eagle Rider?:mischief:
    If he was converted, we could then have pegasus riders, griffon riders, dragon riders...
    EDIT: Sorry, sorry, hadn't seen that he was converted already...thank you Nomad!