Name 3 modern day leaders that you would include in Civ 6

brokensamuri

Chieftain
Hey guys im just curious. If Civ 6 gonna include some modern day leaders, who would u choose? Name 3 please, and what shall be their UA? Let's make the starting point from 1945(post WWII)

You know we're not going to get Hitler and you also know that Gandhi is going to be there as the Indian leader.

Sadly I don't think that we had many relevant modern leaders after the second world war or shortly after, there isn't really anyone that I would want to see past that time, but before?

Churchill, De Gaulle, Stalin, Mao are all the important ones that already appeared at least once in the franchise.

They could make Lenin for once, I don't think he was ever chosen, and Gorbachev could also be an interesting choice.

Perhaps it's a sign of the times but recent leaders looks more like living jokes than people to look up for. The most downloaded recent years leader mod on Steam is Kim Jong Un.

You know we're not going to get Hitler and you also know that Gandhi is going to be there as the Indian leader.

Sadly I don't think that we had many relevant modern leaders after the second world war or shortly after, there isn't really anyone that I would want to see past that time, but before?

Churchill, De Gaulle, Stalin, Mao are all the important ones that already appeared at least once in the franchise.

They could make Lenin for once, I don't think he was ever chosen, and Gorbachev could also be an interesting choice.

Perhaps it's a sign of the times but recent leaders looks more like living jokes than people to look up for. The most downloaded recent years leader mod on Steam is Kim Jong Un.

so it is war that makes great leaders? i'd rather have living jokes if that makes sense....

If by 'modern times' you mean post WW2 I would go with Deng Xiaoping, Putin / Krushchev / Brezhnev and Park Chung-hee.

If by 'modern times' you mean post WW2 I would go with Deng Xiaoping, Putin / Krushchev / Brezhnev and Park Chung-hee.

Agree with Deng and Putin, but Brezhnev is not that important i guess?

I would include Mandela personally.

Haile Selassie was active in post war period so he could be kept in.

Seeing Isabella every time is getting annoying so how about Spain gets Juan Carlos I instead. UA could be something related to preventing unrest when switching between whatever sort of goverment/ideological system Civ6 has, based off of how he switched Spain over to democracy as soon as Franco passed (anyone more knowlegable in Spanish politics feel free to correct that if my very shallow, based on pop culture, knowledge is actually grossly innaccurate)

Other off top of my head: Nelson Mandel, Mikhail Gorbachev

1945 is kinda a very random cut-off point as many overlap there (Stalin or De Gaulle for example), but I guess you exclude all persons that have already been a leader in a civ game. (That list: Churchill, Kennedy (civrev2), De Gaulle, Stalin, Mao, Haile Selassie, Gandhi, probably someone I forget). That is already quite an impressive and long list, so do we really need more?

Nevertheless, I don't think they'll go for very recent Presidents/Prime Minister like Thatcher, Reagan/Obama or Merkel, just too much baggage, but I can very well see...

Golda Meir for Israel (women, and probably the least discutable modern choice for Israel)
Ho Chi Ming for Vietnam (similar in problems to Mao, but hey...)
Nelson Mandela for South Africa (too recent?)

But I'd prefer anyways if the next civ did away with single immortal leaders. That never made sense for me personally.

Margaret Thatcher, Angela Merkel, and ....

Finnish President Conan O'Brien.

/i keed, i keed

1945 is kinda a very random cut-off point as many overlap there (Stalin or De Gaulle for example), but I guess you exclude all persons that have already been a leader in a civ game. (That list: Churchill, Kennedy (civrev2), De Gaulle, Stalin, Mao, Haile Selassie, Gandhi, probably someone I forget). That is already quite an impressive and long list, so do we really need more?

Nevertheless, I don't think they'll go for very recent Presidents/Prime Minister like Thatcher, Reagan/Obama or Merkel, just too much baggage, but I can very well see...

Golda Meir for Israel (women, and probably the least discutable modern choice for Israel)
Ho Chi Ming for Vietnam (similar in problems to Mao, but hey...)
Nelson Mandela for South Africa (too recent?)

But I'd prefer anyways if the next civ did away with single immortal leaders. That never made sense for me personally.

Hmmm that suggestion makes sense to me. Great civilizations may have more than one leader and they rule that Civ in different ages.Let's say, Yin Zheng(Qin Shi Huang) rules China from ancient to Renaissance, Chairman Mao rules China after that. Civ's UA changes when its leader changes. American can change from Washington to Roosevelt, India can change from Ashoka to Gandhi

I don't want multiple leaders per civ. It worked with civ4 because they just used a pool of traits, but I'd be upset if they went back to that for civ6 and I'd rather have another civ instead of just another ability for the same civ. If the second leader is just for eye candy, then those are resources that can be put elsewhere and the first leader should look good enough.

That being said, if they did go with multiple leaders per civ, Mali could get Mobido Keita for its second leader.

My choices for the three leaders would be

1) Fidel Castro /Che Guevera - Cuba
2) Yasser Arafat - Palestine
3) Aung Saan Sui Kyi - Myanmar

Fidel Castro, Nelson Mandela and Vladimir Putin i feel are going to be the most interesting.

Hmmm that suggestion makes sense to me. Great civilizations may have more than one leader and they rule that Civ in different ages.Let's say, Yin Zheng(Qin Shi Huang) rules China from ancient to Renaissance, Chairman Mao rules China after that. Civ's UA changes when its leader changes. American can change from Washington to Roosevelt, India can change from Ashoka to Gandhi

I'd prefer "Dynasties" if you have to have representatives of a civ. I like my amorphous cultures just the way they are, why do we need to single out certain humans? If you need the visual effects of talking to someone in diplomacy, chose "ambassadors" and then you can dress them as crazily as you wish.

But I rather have you built your dynasty, i.e. the Romanovs, but when you're forced to have anarchy and change your social policies, you get to be the "Leninists". So players get to learn more than just Ramesses was a Pharao ;)

I think
1) Franco
2) Chiang Kaishek
3) Tito (where's his love at?!)
would be nifty.

Top Bottom