• Gabba Gabba

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fort Anarchy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryNemo

Settler from None
We get to name this new city. The duke o' york thinks we should just call it Castle Jayne, but I'd rather call it Mordhiemia. So we'll poll, and have fun as been doing.

But please, there are important issues raised in the 1050 BC Turn Thread, and the Aonia Build poll, which surely deserve your attention. For the history on City Names, please refer to List of City Names

The 2Whales city, we have agreed to name Civvium.

Yes, M2 will be founded this turn by the Marl Downs Settler. M1 is a bit North of that, on the River Mouth. These sites and others are mapped in Turn-thread 1050BC .

Poor forgotten Mordhiem! They are taking his M2 site, and turning their greedy naming eyes to M1 as well. I guess being the Domestic Advisor of 3500 BC is time out of mind.

Queen Jayne, I mean this in no disrespect for your gloriousness. I simply believe in a certain amount of tradition. Perhaps there is some site you would rather have for Castle Jayne? River Mouth promises to be an extremely important city... And duke, you may have whatever you want...

:queen:
After discussing matters with Counsellor Nemo, it's been pointed out that M2 lacks the crucial river required for the moat at Castle Jayne. Therefore, to honour Mordhiem for his services to his country, I shall bestow him the honour of calling the M2 site 'Mordhiemia'. Duke, M1 looks like a nice river site for you. Let's hope it's not like the River Ouse and flood you out! ;)

If you would prefer the M1 city site your Majesty then I bow in favour of your grandeur. By all means take this city as your own. Since I haven't had a major position in any of our governments thus far (apart from half a Science Advisor job) so it would be unfair to those democratically elected to their positions if a city were named after me before them :crazyeye::).
With regard to the suggestion made that we name new cities after the heroes and heroines of our empire then how's about a city for MonkE? He came up with the brilliant plan to get Monarchy 200 years earlier and deserves to have his choice of our new city sites to name! :goodjob:

Thank you, gracious Duke. I might also point out that I fully support Queen Jayne's noble gesture in naming Mordhemia.

Should I be so honored to have a city as my namesake, a river site would be nice. I was thinking something like "MonksTowne" ... :D

OK. M2 to be Mordhiemia, River Mouth to be Castle Jayne, 2Whales to be Civvium. Further city sites to be polled.

If anyone objects - I'll chop your heads off!! :lol:

Well, I would have wanted it to be called Castle Jayne... :)

duke o' york, it might help if you studied our maps. We are thinking of naming M1 in your honor, but ... where is it? And what might we name it that would please you, sir?

There are excellent sites at G2, M3, and the R's, more than enough for Octavian and MonkE to name.

MonksTowne, eh? I think you are destined to greater things. Given your experience with Monarchy, you might perhaps consider Monks Earldom, or even Monks Dukedom.

If it is in my power to do so, I hereby appoint MonkE the governor of the Northern Lands, the future provinces of Boreum and Chryshe. My Queen? the good duke? the Other Duke? Sir Octavian? General Mordhiem? Officials, Consulars, Citizens?

Shall it be so? If the young man requests the appointment, I say, "Knight him, and grant him wide jurisdiction".

Top Bottom