1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

nameing terrians features

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by DragonTempest, Oct 28, 2007.

1. DragonTempest

DragonTempest Chieftain

Is there a capability to name terrain features in game? If you wanted to name a river, a forest, a mountain? Sorry if this was already answered in another thread but I have no idea where to look.
    DTM

2. wkndwrrr

wkndwrrr Warlord

1. If you zoom out to the "space view", in the left-most menu of the new display menus that appear on the bottom right of the screen above the mini-map, is the option to place a "sign" in the game. This creates a little label on the game map.

2. Somewhere in worldbuilder (I'm not sure where, and I can't look it up right away as I am not on my Civ IV computer) there is an option to create a sign similar to the above, except that is of a different color, and it cannot be accidently deleted outside of worldbuilder, as the other sign can.

Edit: In the worldbuilder, the option I mentioned is called "Create Landmark", and is on the upper left of the worldbuilder menu.

3. Carabodes

Carabodes Timid Viking Warlady

The same can be obtained by Alt+S, move the green square to the spot you want to mark, leftclick and your sign comes up, ready for you to write in.
    To escape the function, go Atl+S one more time.
    To delete a sign, go Alt+S and click on the spot for the sign.