How shall City #1 be named

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dutchfire

Deity
Retired Moderator
Centuries after founding the city, we're finally going to name it.

For a screenshot, please see the State of the Empire thread in the offices subforum.

Procedure:
All nominated names which have been seconded after four days will then be polled. If there is no majority decision, then the top three options, including ties, will be polled again. In the event of no majority in the second poll, the top two options will be polled again.

The options are:

Xanadu
Hoda Pioda
None of the above (this is not a name, this is the abstain option)

Poll will be open for four days, and it will be public.

Discussion thread

Anything I missed?

I hereby request that the Judiciary invalidate this poll, as there are three options in this poll, of which the latter is our capital city, None of the Above. I would recommend a new poll stating (for the duration of this poll), None of the Below, and place that over the two valid options, since legally, and technically speaking, from a citizen's principal viewpoint on how to best put forward a valid poll - that the inaugeration of "None of the Below" will take place after this poll has been put into motion.

However, if this poll is posted when the results of "Xanadu vs None of the Below" is posted, I recommend simply Abstain, or Other.

Thank you

Judge Dredd :)

Actually this poll is invalid - but not for the reason Provolution cited. The Nomination thread was only up for 2 days, sadly the Naming Initiative states:

that a nomination thread has to be open for at least 4 days...

I actually remembered it to be 3 days and would not have gone back to read it were it not for Provolution's request...

Edit: the Poll Invalidation Act stipulates that any citizen can appeal this decision to the full Judiciary within 24 hours of this post. The appeal has to be posted in the Judiciary thread for this term.

:hammer2: I've requested this poll to be closed.

It was a joke, based on the legal squabble we have seen , and the use of the capitals name in a city poll.

It was a joke, based on the legal squabble we have seen , and the use of the capitals name in a city poll.

I even thought so :D - but still a request is a request and it was incidentally a valid one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom