Naming the first province

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
I think I get to name the first province, though I am not sure if this rule remains in the constitution at this point. At any rate, given the civ we were given, and the local geography, I would like to name the first province after one of the 7 hills of the real Rome. These names are:

Palatine, Aventine, Capitoline, Quarinal, Viminal, Esquiline and Caelian

Capitoline would be the most appropriate, as it housed many of Rome's government buildings.

Anyway, if there are no objections, I will choose one of these.

I just gave 'Romantica' as a proposal to name our whole nation.
But if there is a better name than this, maybe 'Romantica' would be a nice name for our first province?

Originally posted by eyrei
I think I get to name the first province, though I am not sure if this rule remains in the constitution at this point. At any rate, given the civ we were given, and the local geography, I would like to name the first province after one of the 7 hills of the real Rome. These names are:

Palatine, Aventine, Capitoline, Quarinal, Viminal, Esquiline and Caelian

Capitoline would be the most appropriate, as it housed many of Rome's government buildings.

Anyway, if there are no objections, I will choose one of these.

No objetions here :)

I like that, also Capitoline sounds like it should have the capitol in it too

Name the province and closest hill Capitoline, and name the other visibile hills with the other 7 names: Palatine, etc.

Then, for something that resembles order, name the rest of the provinces after the other 6 hills.

Since we are being all authentic about it why not just call the province Latium?

How about... umm.. Linthicum. It sounds kind of Latin.

Top Bottom