Naming units

Meeber

Chieftain
Ok I just started playing CIV V and so far love it. Personally I think it is the best CIV to date and I have loved them all (well CIV 3 not so much :)
But I can't seem to be able to rename my units which I love to do unless they get promoted. So my question, is there a way to name units without having to wait for them to go up in level?

Uhm, perhaps a slight miscommunication. Where do I click to change a unit's name after they have been promoted.

On the same ''screen'' you choose what kind of promotion he should get. After after you have chosen a promotion the opportunity to name the unit is lost.

Yeah, you can only change the name while the promotion box is up, sadly. And the name field is too short - again. I seem to recall that problem in Civ IV when naming units.

I suppose there is no way to rename generals (ore other great people) like we could in CIV 4 at least I could not find one.

Looks like they patched a way to be able to change names. Can't imagine that only beeing able to change it when you assign a promotion is a design decision.

Top Bottom