• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Goonie

Lonely End of the Rink
APOLYTONIA AND FANATIKOU HEREBY AGREE:

That we are brothers, bound together in our common desire to survive and prosper. As the world prospers most in times of peace, we wish for there to be peace between us. In order to ensure that peace we hereby agree to the following:

1) There shall be no war or conflict between us. Our units shall not attack each other, nor shall they enter the cultural borders of the other party without permission. This shall be considered a Non-Aggression Pact. There shall also be a 1-tile "buffer zone" around cultural borders. If this buffer must be breached for any reason, warning should be given in advance.

2) We agree to cooperate and communicate regarding any diputes over settlements or scouting. We agree to work out our differences in a chat, should any differences arise.

3) This agreement shall last 30 turns after it is ratified by both parties. This agreement shall be open for renegotiation after 25 turns have passed.

Do we want it?

I voted yes. We don't plan on going to war with Poly, and this means they will not interfere wiht us about GC. Also this solidifies our already good relationship.

Absolutely no need to vote no. Especialy since with this, they wont join GC in a conflict against us. They might even join us :)

I already told them that ;).

I would rewrite it without the last line and with the correct spelling of our nation. Then if the people want it, I'll sign it and we can send it to Apolyton.

Corrected the spelling of Fanatikou.

Just because we are militaristic and paranoid of our rivals, does not mean were are warmongers! Yes I vote!

Are you saying that 30 years is too long to commit, 40J? Or are you wanting everlasting peace (until one of us breaks the treaty)? I was wondering why the proposal said 30 years, myself. But other than that, peace with Poly is good.

:groucho: (I knew Polly very well:love: ) :eek:

Heh...

My comments were directed at the renegotiation restrictions Cyc, not at the duration of the agreement.

Personally, I'd draft it to read that the deal will automatically expire after 30 turns from the turn in which it is signed by both parties, but it can be renegotiated at any time before or after the expiration date.

I just see no benefit for waiting until the 25th turn to begin renegotiation talks. We may wish to extend the deal after only 20 turns.

Originally posted by Cyc
Are you saying that 30 years is too long to commit, 40J? Or are you wanting everlasting peace (until one of us breaks the treaty)? I was wondering why the proposal said 30 years, myself. But other than that, peace with Poly is good.

:groucho: (I knew Polly very well:love: ) :eek:

Everlasting Peace... ofcourse!!!

1. We will have a good relationship for when we propose a alliance aganst GC.

2. We will have no worries of conflicts beween us and turn the comeing war to 2>1.

3. Our next trade will be unriskfull (the Math for Writing)

4. And no other conflict with another nation while building and Pre-buiding the Great Library.

5. :confused: :confused: figure it out yourself. ;)

40J, do you want to sign it and let me send this away? I think we have found a good ally :D!

Great agreement guys. I am glad to see our Foreign Affairs working so hard and am glad to see that our relationship with Apolyton is working so well.

Top Bottom