1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Napolean as an enemy/friend help....

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by FoeHammer777, Sep 5, 2010.

1. FoeHammer777

FoeHammer777 Chieftain

So Im playing a game on Archapelago w/ 6 other civs. 100 turns in, my Island neighbor Napolean declares war on me after I try to become good friends. So here I am, w/out a standing army, and the worlds greatest general is atacking me. So, I beeline for Gunpowder and send the war to his Island as he is taking his sweet time building a bigger army. Long story short, I destroy 4 cities on Island one, move on, and destroy another 2. 40 or soturns later once we have bought a world map, we find the rest of his puny civ (I have chemistry, they dont have calender) and I move in for the atack. 2 cities down, and he's backed on to a small Island with his capital. I declare peace, bribe him w/ some gold, and start a good relationship. Or so I think it will be good. Im going for a "Everbody-Hates-Evybody-But-Me-So-They-Vote-For-Me-In-The-UN" victory by starting a world war, and Im thinking about keeping Napolean out of it and alive to have a sure vote for me when I get UN. However, he's a -15 for razing cities and -1 for arrogent demand with only +4 for good trade and +1 for you gave us help. Its 1900... Is there a chance he'll turn a corner and be my friend?

2. Aoxomoxoa

Aoxomoxoa Prince

Capitulate.

3. Egnarts

Egnarts Chieftain

He's a lost cause, he won't vote for you. But the question is, since he got so few cities do you really need his vote anyway?

4. Cusanus

Cusanus Der Fürst

Maybe if you learn to spell his name correctly.

Best don't even try being friensd with the Incan leader thus - it's far too complicated.

5. Fleme

Fleme Obey the Kitty!

Maybe if you learn to spell friends correctly you'd have some. Why is it that the grammar police always have pretty much the same mistakes in their text as the ones they're trying to criticize? Also, where in this topic are the the Inca featured?

The only way you will secure a vote from someone who you have at -15 is to vassalize them as the mechanic forces them to vote for you. They won't vote you on their own accord since you need to have them at +8 in order to do that. 23 total diplo is probably too much of a hole for you to dig out of.

6. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

I'm playing an Archipelago at the moment where Nappy started in isolation on like a 9tile island! Conquered him only to have him turn up again as Hatty's colony in the frozen north! Just seems to love getting into situations this game... :lol:

He's hopelessly agressive diplomatically. No chance :sad:

7. ahcos

ahcos King

if he's small you

a) don't need his votes anyway
    b) you can vasalize him, but then you'll get "-1 we're upset of our rival beeing your vassal" (or so) which will make diplo win somewhat harder.

anyway, i'd just ignore nappy or, even better, take his land for more votes for yourself. and the land ofc. and nappy out of the game! is there anything better? go kill him.

8. Esham

Esham Chieftain

crush him.

he is a turd of a man and a turd in your game.

9. Rittmeyer

Rittmeyer Prince

Ownage of the age for Civ 4.

Let`s move on to the next game and see who will be next.