sman1975

Emperor
upload_2017-2-5_5-54-12.jpeg

Napoleon at War (NAW)
is a Civilization V Modification environment that allows a player to relive empire building on a grand scale across Europe in the early nineteenth century. It provides a variety of play options, from small scale battles to epic continent-wide wars of survival.

Steam Download Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=857540676

Playable Civs:
- Empire of France, under Napoleon I
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, under George III
- Empire of Austria, under Francis I
- Kingdom of Prussia, under Frederick III
- Empire of All Russia, under Alexander I
- Kingdom of Spain, under Charles IV
- Ottoman Sultanate, under Selim III

upload_2017-2-5_5-54-42.jpeg

NAW offers a variety of game play options – including 7 maps set on a European-wide scale, with weekly game turns. It also includes 4 battlefield, or tactical maps allowing replay of major battles of the day. Game turns on these tactical maps are 30 minutes in length.

Strategic Maps Included:
1. War of the Second Coalition (1799-1802). France/Spain vs. Austria/Russia/UK
2. War of the Third Coalition (1803-1806). France/Spain vs. Austria/Russia/UK
3. War of the Fourth Coalition (1806-1807). France/Spain vs. Prussia/Russia/UK
4. War of the Fifth Coalition (1809). France/Spain vs. Austria/UK
5. French Invasion of Russia (1812). France/Austria/Prussia vs. Russia
6. War of the Sixth Coalition (1813-1814). France/Spain vs. Austria/Russia/Spain/UK
7. War of the Seventh Coalition (1815). France vs. Austria/Prussia/Spain/UK

Tactical ("Battlefield") Maps Included:
1. Austerlitz (December 2, 1805): France vs. Austria/Russia
2. Borodino (September 7, 1812): France vs. Russia
3. Trafalgar (October 21, 1805): France/Spain vs. UK
4. Waterloo (June 18, 1815): France vs. UK/Prussia

upload_2017-2-5_5-55-0.jpeg

Features:
- Dozens of new units – all reskinned with Napoleonic Era artwork based on their civ
- Twenty-eight new buildings (14 of which are unique to different player civs)
- National Promotion – used to adjust combat capabilities of each civ to show how they compared to other civs of the day.
- Economic Handicap – adjusts production in a civ's cities, to show relative efficiency of their economy, compared to other civs of the day.
- Modified Tech Tree which streamlines research choice for a given unit/capability desired to suit your game play
- Automatic naming of units and ships – almost 3000 historical names for ships, over 700 historical Great General and Great Admiral names
- Recalibrated AI to perform more like you would expect given the era and how units of the day maneuvered and fought

upload_2017-2-5_5-57-6.jpeg

upload_2017-2-5_5-55-36.jpeg

upload_2017-2-5_5-56-0.jpeg

upload_2017-2-5_5-56-20.jpeg

The game is complex - in order to provide a complete gaming experience entirely contained within a 20 year window of historical time, many units, buildings, and features were added and numerous existing rules were changed. This means it takes a bit of time to learn NAW and become familiar with all the additions, tweaks, etc. There is a game manual included with the MOD to assist in learning about these changes.

TLDR;
* Napoleonic Era struggle to dominate Europe (1799-1815 AD)
* Seven Player Civs: Austria, France, Ottomans, Prussia, Russia, Spain, and United Kingdom
* Seven large "Strategic" European maps – covering the War of the Second Coalition through the War of the Seventh Coalition, with an Invasion of Russia (1812) map as well
* Four "Battlefield" maps: Austerlitz, Borodino, Trafalgar, Waterloo
* New Promotions/Handicaps to better simulate the relative economic and military expertise (or lack thereof) between nations
* Dozens of new units – added to bridge the gap between Musketman and Rifleman. Nine infantry unit types ranging from Militia to Old Guard
* All units reskinned with Napoleonic Era artwork based on their civ
* Twenty-eight new buildings (14 of which are unique to different player civs)

Recommended Mods: “Quick Turns” by Krzyzyk, as the AI tends to produce large numbers of units.

PLEASE NOTE: This mod is in BETA format. It has successfully passed hundreds of hours of Live Turner testing, but there are probably many things needing correction/improvement. If you have any issues, please leave a comment and it will be reviewed/addressed quickly. Thanks!

Instructions: Be sure to view the game manual “NAW Manual.PDF” located in the "MODS/ Napoleon at War" folder after download.

1. Subscribe to this mod
2. Start Civilization V
3. Select "MODS" on the main menu, then accept the EULA
4. Select the Napoleon at War mod on the MODS menu, then click "NEXT"
5. Select "SINGLE PLAYER" then "SET UP GAME"
6. Click on "Map Type" then click "Additional Maps" on the "Select Map Type" menu, then scroll down until you find the map you would like to play – they all start with "NAW" - then select it. If map cannot be found, locate the MOD folder (usually someplace like: user/Document/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/MODS), then navigate to the Napoleon at War folder. Copy the NAW maps (with the .civ5map extension) from its folder then paste them to the 'Maps' folder of Sid Meier's Civilization V. Restart the game, then repeat steps 3-6
7. Once you find the map you want to play, check the "Load Scenario" button in the "Map Type" box
8. In the top area of the "MODDING GAME SETUP" menu, select the civilization you would like to play, then chose the Difficulty and Game Pace you would like to play
9. Press "Start Scenario" then enjoy! 

Acknowledgements: This mod is more ambitious than previous attempts – with more emphasis on LUA and ingame play changes. The following is a list of the great people on Civfanatics website who've greatly helped me get this thing running. Apologies in advance - if I've missed someone who should be here, please send me a note and I'll update at once.

This mod is completely built around showing off the great artwork of JFD, janboruta, zwei833, nutty, and bernie14. The rest of the mod is built as a stage for these models to trod upon.

As a starter, here's a list of great modders who have helped me get this far: Kael (as the UR modder, the hero who started this all), LeeS (LUA genius, across the board help in all design issues, great and small), troller001 (like LeeS – great LUA theorist with creative solutions to any problem).

whoward69 (condensed promotion mod/unit plotter code used in unit namer, etc. Name it, any problem I've had, this person has already paved the way in stone to get the code working), Nutty (helped with everything – great artwork, solid LUA advice), abijeet and astog (for the heavily plagiarized "Contextual Unit Names" mod).

JFD (across the board help/paving the way with mods that provide excellent examples on how to solve problems, artwork, civ kickstarters), janboruta (world-class artwork), Danrell / bernie14 / zwei833 / wolfdog / Deliverator (high quality unit reskins).

PawelS (Overall solid game design advice, constantly providing assistance on fixing LUA issues), Bane_ (pushed me to actually learn some LUA and explore what's possible), FieryCharizard7 (game design help).

Thanks to Dr. Daviz for the initial map/game concept. Also fermer (original Borodino mapsheet) and WellingtonTheDuke (original Waterloo mapsheet) - saved a lot of time building my own version of those battles.

Additional thanks go to: Gedemon (everything), thecrazyscotsman (units/buildings/making mods that made me like the game in the first place), Delnar_Eriske (Artificial Unintelligence/AI improvements).

Last edited:
A compliment of that magnitude coming from a trailblazer like you, Sir, is literally gobsmacking.... I was mostly just trying to show off some of your and others' great artwork. THANKS!

Last edited:

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-28_16-56-36.jpeg
    upload_2017-2-28_16-56-36.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 532
Hello. Version 4 of the mod is now published. Summary of Changes:

- Many changes were made to allow NAW to work with the future expansion packs - "Germanic Nations" and "Mediterranean Kingdoms" - which will be published soon
- Fixed non-showing characters in ship names (non US English letters)
- Changed Artist Guild culture yields, as the previous version didn't work properly
- Added additional flag DDS files to fix the spy screen to show the correct civ icon
- Adjusted the Strategic Map Victory Condition to better emphasize major capitals (London, Paris, Vienna, Berlin, and Moscow. They are now much more valuable than other capitals, i.e. Madrid
- Added additional Ottoman Great Admiral names
- Removed the erroneous Metallurgy prerequisite from Rifling
- Made French icon color more yellow
- Made Settlers and Workers capturable - they are no longer destroyed when captured
- Most Infantry units can now be upgraded to the next better unit - except for Guard units, which cannot be upgraded
- Fixed an error which prevented Leaders' greeting and defeated dialogues
- City States are now allowed to use NAW units instead of only Musketmen; made changes to all the strategic maps to place these new units

Hello S-Man, your Mod looks incredible, is there any way to share a direct download link for Mac user please ? (if possible with all those incredible extensions pleaaaase)
Thanks in advance !

Top Bottom