Napoleon: Crushed. Moral Victory: Isabella.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by wilkie, Mar 15, 2006.

1. wilkie

wilkie Chieftain

Second Noble Game; (third in all, first was settler). Continents, Standard, med sea level, temperate. As it turns out Nap was my nearest neighbor and I boxed him in...and being Napoleon, he didn't like this.

War, but he soon found out he had no horses and I had an army of chariots. I soon found out he had copper and I did not. Beeline to Iron Working, hook up some far flung iron source, crank out the axe/swordsmen. Razing cities as I went, Paris fell to a mob of Level 2 and 3 Swordsmen.

While it may not be noteworthy to anyone else, I laughed mightily with the destruction of the French. Paris has now become the northern outpost of Spain. I don't care what happens - second noble game and I squished the short, arrogant bastard back to the stone age. Ha! He cost me the race to the Pyramids, but watching the Power graph skyrocket was quite gratifying.

On an unrelated note, I can't stop listening to MeisterEckhardt and ShakingAndTrembling.

2. DisAstro

DisAstro Chieftain

Jeah, I remember the first time I kicked a Civ in the nuts in a early game.

Feels sooo good :D

3. Crighton

Crighton Emperor

Mine was Caesar vs Mao.

Onwards Praetorians!!! ONWARDS!!!!!

4. MrPaladin

MrPaladin Warlord

I always prefer the early battles.... I guess the clash of swords just seems more heroic then the launch of a nuke :)

5. DisAstro

DisAstro Chieftain

Dulce bellum inexpertis, uh? :p

Damn, I love the military quotations on this site. Make me seem smart haha ;)