Napoleonic Wars II - Global

I setup a pbem, found out it is setup as a 2 player game?
Going to biq to make this change.

Edit; Corection, It is setup to be played by humans correctly giving you many choices but when going to the;
Multiplayer
pbem
scenario(Napoleonic Wars Global)

The first thing I noticed was "My" default name in the player #1 slot was blank(normal at this point in the setup my machine knows who I am and inserts it). Player #1 is Kingdom of Naples, I leave that as it is and clicked on rename to name my position.
Player 2 can be Human and is France.
Player 3 is human in the editor but not in the pbem setup. the rest of the positions are the same as player 3. each are assigned the proper civilization but there is no option to load the position as a human player.

As I said there appears to be nothing wrong with the biq on the "Players Tab" but a hidden problem exists at least in the current biq file

Edit; Attached is the pic of a pbem setup

Hello the Guardian

This is a very intresting scenario. Sofar I played France and I look forward to try other nations.
Anyway this is my thoughts about some adds I belive might help.
* France should have control over Netherland,maybe in a allience. This would make colony war more intresting. Great Britain is very powerful.
* Maybe an impossible barrier between Russia and Asia. This would prevent colny and homeland resources to mix up in the same city. Also it would be more historical correct. No troops was traveling by land from France to India. Tehy had to go by sea.
* I seems that "Art\Units\Gunboat\Gunboat.INI" is missing. I believe the whole gunboat folder is not in the Art\Unit\ folder. Also why not give Denmark gunboats,to simulate the Gunboat War (1807–1814) between Denmark and the British Navy.

Keep up the good work:)

Hi, I agree on what CivIIIMonkey says.
Reallly fun scenario. Playing as France myself too. Although with Eclipse4449's biq version.
Enjoying the fact that units cost a lot wich makes them feel unique and made me give them names. :goodjob:

Hello the Guardian

This is a very intresting scenario. Sofar I played France and I look forward to try other nations.
Anyway this is my thoughts about some adds I belive might help.
* France should have control over Netherland,maybe in a allience. This would make colony war more intresting. Great Britain is very powerful.
* Maybe an impossible barrier between Russia and Asia. This would prevent colny and homeland resources to mix up in the same city. Also it would be more historical correct. No troops was traveling by land from France to India. Tehy had to go by sea.
* I seems that "Art\Units\Gunboat\Gunboat.INI" is missing. I believe the whole gunboat folder is not in the Art\Unit\ folder. Also why not give Denmark gunboats,to simulate the Gunboat War (1807–1814) between Denmark and the British Navy.

Keep up the good work:)

Thank you CivIIIMonkey. If you are missing the Gunboat in your unit folder, you probably have an earlier version of the BIQ. There have been many changes and corrections over time. I am currently uploading a new comprehensive DL file that I think will solve all the problems.
It is a large file 861 MB zipped. I apologize to all for the past confusion regarding updates and patches but I think this DL package should be OK. If anyone hasn't already DLed the scenario, wait a day or Two and you can DL the new files. If you have already DLed the scenario, DL the new Post and overwrite all the files. Hopefully the DL file should finish uploading sometime tomorrow.

I will take your ideas into consideration when I do Version 2 CivIIIMonkey ;). Until then, feel free to make any changes you like thru the editor, then you can give me the results of your experience when I do, do the next version. ;)

Hi, your biq inside "NWGlobal ver.101.rar" has a modified date of 2011-03-27 10:52 is that correct?

Hi, your biq inside "NWGlobal ver.101.rar" has a modified date of 2011-03-27 10:52 is that correct?

NWGlobalver 1.01.rar is no longer relevant. There is a new DL file at the bottom of post #1

If you are having a problem, please advise me of the nature of the problem and be as specific as you can.

Hi The Guardian,
I have no problem yet :) and thanks for your latest version.
At the time I asked I was in the process of downloading your latest work and didn't know a new biq was inside the download.
Perhaps you could remove the other "old" one from the first if it's not valid anymore and perhaps rename your latest work to version 1.02 to make it more clear for people what they have downloaded so far.

Hi. I'm very curious to try this scenario out... but... could anyone get a .zip version of it?

Well you were right a lot was going on here that I missed, damn day job. I just downloaded the latest files and started playing. I like the way things are organized and the new additions. I looked around, mind you I just started playing today, but shouldn't Britain and France be at war at the start of the game? I hope this wasn't talked about earlier, but a little curious when I went to attack a French ship convoy and was prompted with "Are you sure!?"

Well you were right a lot was going on here that I missed, damn day job. I just downloaded the latest files and started playing. I like the way things are organized and the new additions. I looked around, mind you I just started playing today, but shouldn't Britain and France be at war at the start of the game? I hope this wasn't talked about earlier, but a little curious when I went to attack a French ship convoy and was prompted with "Are you sure!?"

Everything is as it should be. I made it this way to allow players to set there own parameters if they choose to. I have set the following three alliances:

Bavaria - Saxons - France @ war with Barbary Pirates

Britain - Portugal @ war with no one

Barbary Pirates @ war with French Alliance

The only non playable civ is Nature

As far as the British and French are concerned, they will eventually declare war. It is inevitable.

Thinking about as I go through the game, I see your point. It allows brief periods of peace and puts the burden on Britain and others to gather allies to defeat Napoleon.

I really like the nature civ. I think it will be a lot more effective at altering the flow of the game than random barbarian camps.

I just notice that the auto-produced transports are popping up in land locked cities as well as coastal cities.

Thinking about as I go through the game, I see your point. It allows brief periods of peace and puts the burden on Britain and others to gather allies to defeat Napoleon.

I really like the nature civ. I think it will be a lot more effective at altering the flow of the game than random barbarian camps.

I just notice that the auto-produced transports are popping up in land locked cities as well as coastal cities.

While the game is running, open the scenario in the editor and check the cities that are producing transports and see if they have harbors in them. If they do delete the harbors from the improvements list. Also check the harbor in improvements/buildings. Should auto produce a transport every 18 turns. I will check the BIQ file and make corrections, but it may take a few days.

Hi, I agree on what CivIIIMonkey says.
Reallly fun scenario. Playing as France myself too. Although with Eclipse4449's biq version.
Enjoying the fact that units cost a lot wich makes them feel unique and made me give them names. :goodjob:

No my version is from an outdated version, at the time I thought is was current due to the date it had, but as noted it is smaller than the actual biq (300kb vs 3000kb)

This version due to its size must be missing much content, why else would it be smaller?

I will D/L the new single download this Friday night and post from it the most current biq if it has not been posted

it appears everything I saw noted and what I added is in the new biq

reposting #242

Is everyone playing single player version?
Has anyone tried to setup a Multiplayer, Hotseat, or Pbem game?

As noted in #242 I examined the biq for human playability and found almost every civ is playable
BUT STILL THE setup screen DOESN'T ALLOW MORE THAN 2 HUMAN PLAYERS.

Can someone else confirm my finding please

i cant download the updated biq file

it says : vBulletin Message
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

or wait does that updated biq file was updated on the main files because i just re-downloaded the main files yesterday if not well you need to fix that download(update Biq file) Guardian :)

i cant download the updated biq file

it says : vBulletin Message
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

or wait does that updated biq file was updated on the main files because i just re-downloaded the main files yesterday if not well you need to fix that download(update Biq file) Guardian :)

OK Smirf, fixed the link, thanks for the heads up. ;)

Top Bottom