Napoleonic Wars

I may have mentioned some of these already, sorry if I have.

I got a msg after hooking up the gold bar icon for spices. It said I could make some new units now. I could not find the icon in the resource pedia and the spice one did not list a unit I could build.

Going to the pedia for Resources, you get 4 items.
Bonus
Lux
Index
Strategic.

For Bonus you see a Wheat icon. Open the link and find only Sheep in the list with a different icon.

Lux has no underlying entries.

Going to the city view and right click on strategic you find Horse, Iron and Salt.
Horses 0F 0S 1C, gets hyperlink exceed, but goes on.

Sheep give 0F 0S 0C? Not much of a bonus, if the pedia is correct.

I may have mentioned some of these already, sorry if I have.

I got a msg after hooking up the gold bar icon for spices. It said I could make some new units now. I could not find the icon in the resource pedia and the spice one did not list a unit I could build.

Going to the pedia for Resources, you get 4 items.
Bonus
Lux
Index
Strategic.

For Bonus you see a Wheat icon. Open the link and find only Sheep in the list with a different icon.

Lux has no underlying entries.

Going to the city view and right click on strategic you find Horse, Iron and Salt.
Horses 0F 0S 1C, gets hyperlink exceed, but goes on.

Sheep give 0F 0S 0C? Not much of a bonus, if the pedia is correct.

Sorry the civilopedia file is NOT correct. There is also another issue. It is called the phantom resource. I have to adjust the resources list. It is a complicated issue. there is an entire thread dedicated to this issue. It has been discussed in great detail. This is another problem that I will have to resolve. It is on my list. The resources will get a complete revamp in Napoleonic
Wars 2.

Right now I am working on a Guide to the Napoleonic Wars
This file will include all unit, improvement, tech, resource info as well as some additional game info.

The guide sounds like a good idea. Maybe you can tell me what the deal is on Unmet. I had a few times where I learned that a new contact was available, but I never saw any unmet civs in the espionage screen.

So I am not sure how many may still be left to met. I know the Pirates were killed, but I do not know how many are actually in to start. Not a big deal and I have seen similar events on other maps.

I was scrolling down the Units in the pedia and when I got near the bottom of the list I got this missing unit.

Hungarian_Musketeer17C_SM.pcx. I was not even near the H's, but infact that unit is not in my folder.

I was scrolling down the Units in the pedia and when I got near the bottom of the list I got this missing unit.

Hungarian_Musketeer17C_SM.pcx. I was not even near the H's, but infact that unit is not in my folder.

That is odd. There is no such unit in the Pediaicon.txt file. There is no reference in the pediaicon file. There is no unit folder for such a unit. There is no Hungarian_Musketeer17C_SM.pcx file in the civilopedia unit icon folder and as far as I can tell these is no reference for such in the BIQ file. Can you recreate the error and tell me what is the last unit you can view before the error as you scroll down?

BTW your link to the discussion required a password.

I apologize, the board has only been up for 4 days and it has already been attacked. With a redirect virus. The board is not available at this time. I will notify you when the problem has been rectified.

One item I missed in my list of recommendations, ships. Seems in my game I'm the only guy with ships. You'd expect the British and French at the least to each have a navy.

BTW, I've destroyed the Iroquois, captured Florida, and hold Tangiers. Looks like I'm on my way to destroying the Barbary Pirates. Next up is Arabia, assuming she comes to the aid of the BP.

After seeing ruins where Gibraltar used to be let me state again, make them expensive (100 shields plus 3 or 4 pop), but allow settlers. Lost Peoria because the AI decided to raze it.

I got it again, so ti is consitent. Go to pedia, select Units. Scroll down to bottowm.

One item I missed in my list of recommendations, ships. Seems in my game I'm the only guy with ships. You'd expect the British and French at the least to each have a navy.

BTW, I've destroyed the Iroquois, captured Florida, and hold Tangiers. Looks like I'm on my way to destroying the Barbary Pirates. Next up is Arabia, assuming she comes to the aid of the BP.

After seeing ruins where Gibraltar used to be let me state again, make them expensive (100 shields plus 3 or 4 pop), but allow settlers. Lost Peoria because the AI decided to raze it.

You need to install the no-raze patch.You will find the link to the no-raze patch on page one of the thread.

I got it again, so ti is consitent. Go to pedia, select Units. Scroll down to bottowm.

I've done that but I get no error. That is why I asked you what is the last unit you can see when you scroll down the list before you get the error?

I do not know what to do with a merchant. Pedia has no info, editor says it can build a colony. It cannot be captured like an RM

BTW can the Iroq make cavs, if they were to get some horses? Iron does not seem to add any units to their builds. Are they stuck with the Brave, Archer, Rifleman?

I finally got all the towns connected and have these items in the box.
Tehran=cotton
Lumber
Cotton=gold
Gold=spices
Spices=furs
Iron

Now none of these are shown as a lux. Note I have both the icon for Spice and the one that claims to be Spice. I had not gotten around to connecting the Fur icon, that pedia says is Wine.

I do not know what to do with a merchant. Pedia has no info, editor says it can build a colony. It cannot be captured like an RM

BTW can the Iroq make cavs, if they were to get some horses? Iron does not seem to add any units to their builds. Are they stuck with the Brave, Archer, Rifleman?

yes as I mentioned before, they were only added to occupy the americans in the early years. Apparrently, they have some admirers. They will be given greater capabilities in ver 2. If we go to a global map, I will probably have to add additional indian tribes.

The merchant is used to create colonies away from the homeland. Also used to transport treasure.

Sorry I delete the wrong one, try again:

Sry also vmax, but I still can't find the problem. Try this, open the pediaicon txt file in your txt editor. Do a search for the word Hungarian and see what you find. Let me know the outcome.

#ICON_PRTO_SpanishGuerilla
art\civilopedia\icons\units\Hungarian_Musketeer17C_LG.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\units\Hungarian_Musketeer17C_SM.pcx

art\civilopedia\icons\units\Hungarian_Musketeer17C_LG.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\units\Hungarian_Musketeer17C_SM.pcx

Entry should read as follows:
art\civilopedia\icons\units\1812SpanishGuerilla-Large.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\units\1812SpanishGuerilla-Small.pcx

Top Bottom