1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Napoleonic Wars

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by The Guardian, Aug 26, 2009.

1. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

Thanks for the query, Work is progressing well. We are doing testing now and cleaning up all the errors. There is still some work to be done regarding the tech tree, civiopedia, and some graphics work that needs fixing. Can't give you an exact release date, but it shouldn't be much longer. I am waiting for the testers to finish their reports while I work on the civilopedia. I was hoping for a Xmas release but that is beginning to look doubtful. MAYBE by New Years if all goes well.

2. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Deity

Reserved for future updates...

3. kadavrali

kadavrali Chieftain

wating for great scenario :)

4. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

Ok, it looks like we will be able to release the beta version of Napoleonic Wars II before New Years. I won't give an exact date because it all depends on when we receive the remaining units that we have requested. Imperator has finished the last of the units we requested from him and they are all excellent units.
    TOM2050 has found the remaining units we wanted ( a sperm whale and a seal ). When he finishes those we will have all the units that we requested.

5. Ranger54

Ranger54 Chieftain

Great news!

Can't wait!

6. kadavrali

kadavrali Chieftain

can't wait and please make the cities :)

7. Marmont

Marmont Chieftain

I just recently downloaded the The Napoleonic Wars 1.03 mod for conquest and I was really getting into this cool mod when some sort of error decided to kick in :(...Has any one else come across this error ???...And is there a reasonable fix for it ??? The is the error...

LOAD ERROR FILE NOT FOUND "Art\flicsX2_Theodora_ancient_bwrd.flc"

I would appreciate some help with this...I want to get back into this massive game :)
    Thanks!

8. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

Download the following file Flics
    Unzip contents to your Napoleonic Wars Scenario folder Art/Flics folder
    That should solve your problem.

9. Marmont

Marmont Chieftain

The Flics link went right to a attack page !!??...:sad:

10. Marmont

Marmont Chieftain

I was able to download the Flics files and installed them in the appropriate folder but it didn't change anything...the error keeps coming back... I'll probably delete the saved turns and start over again.. I'm assuming there still some bugs to work out...no prob... its still a fantastic mod !
    Thanks!!

11. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

Check the editor and make sure that the name of the scenario search folder and the actual scenario folder are the same.

FYI: Napoleonic Wars II will soon be released (Beta version) Version II is a Global version of Napoleonic Wars.

12. Marmont

Marmont Chieftain

Very good ...Thanks !..
    looking forward to version II...

13. kadavrali

kadavrali Chieftain

can't wait :lol:

14. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

Final testing of Napoleonic Wars II Global is going on right now. Barring any unforeseen problems, the mod should be ready for beta release within a week. The Beta release of Napoleonic Wars Global will be under a new and separate thread.

The Guardian

15. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

16. Marmont

Marmont Chieftain

The solution in post #368 did'nt seem to work for me...still having aTheodora flic issue... :sad:
    Also when attempting to build an Academy...Spanish,English etc...the game crashes:cry:
    Now i believe i made the recommended changes in the editor and other files correctly but i must have missed some important step...:sad: Any ideas anyone ??? :wallbash:

17. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

I don't know what to tell you. Recheck your set up and make sure you have the files and folders in the proper place with the proper names. What message are you getting when the game crashes, exactly?

18. Marmont

Marmont Chieftain

Found the problem !!! :) I had duplicate copies of the mod ...one in the Conquest folder..one in the Scenario folder, that must have been causing some kind of conflict,I get the dunce cap award for that one :crazyeye: Anyways i reinstalled the mod and the fixes in the proper folder this time and its working like a charm...

19. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

Glad to hear you got it working, I figured it had to be something like that.

20. Marmont

Marmont Chieftain

Guardian..
    It it possible to change (edit) the cultural value of a nation?... the British are killing me with there high cultural city conversion... I had the British down to two cities in north america (1811)...juuust about ready to finish them and then pow!!! a city 3 continent away converted to the defeated Brits and then another :( Took forever to conquer the island of Great Britain ...
    Thanks for the great mod!!!