1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Narnia The Scenario...maybe the MOD

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Spacer One, Dec 11, 2005.

?

Would you like to see a Chronicles of Narnia MOD?

Poll closed Jan 1, 2006.
  1. This is a great idea

85.7%
  2. this is a terrible idea

7.1%
  3. What Narnia???

7.1%
  1. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

If I would have to choose the best of those city graphics, Smoking Mirror's set would get the vote from me! One of the best city sets I've ever seen.

2. Spacer One

Spacer One Avatar subject to change

they are definatly all really nice cities...but they are a bit too "grand" for the simple Narnians...

The Calormen City might stay(Fantasy/ Medival Europe Cities)...The evil cities are definately in...and maybe the set with the moat(walled cities)...

The Cities by Smoking might make good cities for the Old Narnians(bottom row) and the top row could be the Archenland or Telmarine cities(in fact, they should be the telmarines cities)

But if varwnos makes me other cities, they will be in due to the fact that they will be original to the MOD..and new...

3. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

I do not like the mediterranian cities with trees (i can say it since they are made by me ;) Hikaro just added the trees and some other stuff). Aaglo's fantasy medieval Europe would fit with my own work i think, since the styles are so different, but self-consistent, that i do not see any problems :)
    Also i can propose my WH empire set (the first, not the variant).

What other sets do you have in mind?

4. Spacer One

your viking cities are good...I need some "cheerful European" cities...lotsa green and gold/brown...for Archenland...

small "woodland villages" for Old Narnia...

The "walled cities" is a good idea of the New Narnians...but doesnt match with your style I fear

more when I get the mental pictures better focused...

5. Roman Legion

Roman Legion Chieftain

Damn, I missed the poll, I was gonna vote the second option.

6. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

... :confused:

7. Spacer One

I was gonna say the same thing...

@Varwnos...I only need the cities to be 2 era...not all 4...should have mentioned that earlier

8. Spacer One

previews soon...map's "done" just working on a few details...

9. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

So this is not dead? [party]

10. WildWeazel

WildWeazel -- Turns to Completion

Did you get Civ3 running? :)

11. Spacer One

forgot to tell you...I got my laptop, and magically...the part I needed for my puter, AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

No...this is not dead...I just had to draw the map 3 times...
    and I would like to try to recruit 1 person to help(otherwise it will be sloooooow coming out)

12. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Chieftain

I hope you give this one a shot, It has potential for broad appeal. Everyone's familar with this classic sega.
    I going to watch the movie soon. :) are they planning a rapid triology like Lord of the Rings. I heard the first release didn't do so well, :( If they have already been completed I would hope they still release the rest of the adventures. It would be even more promising for your mod. New visuals would inspire new ideas for future updates and patches.

No mater how bad the movies turns out, with the help of the forum, The Mod could atone for any damage done to the Narnia name.
    WORKERS UNITE !!! :hammer:

There, that should get things rolling,:mischief: P.M me if ya need anything :sleep:

13. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

I think the first move is OK. Its better than the TV show atleast :D

14. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Chieftain

Theres a Tv show!! cool I hope its on HBO. I love all their series exept that one with the clingy mooches um, Entourage, I think its name, Anyway I want see the Narnia TV series, thanks for telling me about it.

15. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

Anyone liked the movie :dubious:??!! Have you read the book?

16. Spacer One

I thought the movie was great...I read/reread/rereread all the books (I own them) and I enjoyed them much...

as far as the scenario goes...the only stumble so far, is trying to figure out how to stay true to the plot, within civ boundries...for example...

How to make 4 units that can "claim the throne" at Cair Paraval?
    how to make the "underground Kingdom" The Silver Chair...
    How to include Shasta and Aravis from horse and his boy
    what if any role the Lone/Eastern Isles can play (each island has a small story to it, for example Eustace turning into a dragon, the golden statue, the dufflepuds)

those are the first issues Ive thought of...Im thinking that it will have to start from the begining, and lose most of the more familiar stuff...(again example...the snow at the begining of LTWATW, plays a very small role in the stories as a whole, and is difficult to include...I cant figure out how to translate the sacrifice of Aslan into Civ rules)

If anyone has new ideas, or suggestions or whatever...please say something...if Im the only one working on this, it will take a long time, just in conceptualizing

17. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Chieftain

Mirc: I said the movie fizzled, flopped was forgotten," did not do well" you know what I mean.,don't you?
    movie critics, buisness analysts and average joes were disapointed with this. The producers were hugley disapointed never to cash in on the goldmine a similar series (Lord of the Rings) brought in a few years ago. I never said loyal fans didn't enjoy this movie.
    Overly eager Revenue projections, lack of awards, an overblown budget and dismal sales from merchindise, again, "It didn't do well". Ka peesh??. Yes I've read the books but Mirc since when have movie sales reflected with how well the original story was written.:confused:

18. Spacer One

please lets not get into an arguement about the sales projections of the movie...

19. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Chieftain

Sorry Spacer, people,:blush: I was misunderstood. I was intrested if the entire collection had been filmed already or was planning on being filmed, I guess it sounds irrelevant but it kinda relates to your mod in how I already mentioned in my first post.

20. Spacer One

I dont think the whole thing is filmed yet, but there is more filmed/being filmed...I saw an interview with the kids on Disney channel(I have a 2 year old, I watch that crap)...they didnt talk about the movies by name, but they did talk about "continued filming"...

As far as the scenario/MOD goes...any ideas?...anyone?...